Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Dreaded Fence Sitters

Hobart

Life Member
Last Bow season I was out in my beanfield when I spotted a peculiar looking deer at the very end of the field. I rode over to find a decoy in my field and a couple dudes sitting on my neighbors fence. The only thing they did that was illegal was walk on my ground and put up the decoy. I called them both down and we had a come to Jesus meeting. I really have no problem with my neighbors, its just when they let guys on the property and they do dumb crap like that. Here is a picture of their set up. The fence touches the tree that the treestand is in.

picture.php

I had a similar experience last shotgun season. I could hear a hunter coughing all morning of the second day of season. I knew the neighbors were hunting their ground and they knew I was on mine, so I figured they wouldn't be shooting over the fence. The last day of first season I decided to walk the property lines and found the stand the cougher was in. It was a ladder stand which attached to a tree on my side of the fence. Sitting in the platform, the hunter would be mostly over the fence on my side. Since nobody was in it that day, I haven't spoken to anybody about it. I'll check to see if it is still there before the start of season this fall. I found another one of their stands along the fence during spring turkey a week ago.

After that, it didn't bother me too much to set up the DB blind right against the fence this spring for turkey hunting. I won't shoot over the fence/property line, but have no problems with decoying/calling a tom off their property. :way:

looks like you have some people wanting to donate stands

I love it when people donate stands and blinds to me! I would never steal one but I've gladly taken several down and told the landowners if anyone asked they could have em back if they had the nuts to call me. Never have recieved that call yet haha.

Snapped a picture of my "fence sitter". I stood on "my" side of the fence to take the pic, so you can see the tree is on my side of the fence. I might have to talk to the neighbor about this, though I bet if I confiscate the stand now, the guy he lets turkey hunt will get blamed.:D

Straddler.jpg

Top Bottom