Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The final season...

Daver

PMA Member
youth season for any of my boys that is. My youngest son will be 16 in November, so this youth deer season is the last such season that "we" will be eligible for. So, my son and his friend took a trip to our farm to see what they could come up with.

The boys were sharing the gun, so they were taking turns "on point". I was pretty confident that we could get at least one, but while we toughed it out, :grin:, in between rain showers, there was also thunder and lightning approaching and I was not going to stay out in lightning, so the clock was ticking!

My son was first up on the "Lookout" role, a job he took very seriously. :grin:
161-the_lookout.jpg

The boys were very vigilant and stayed on "High Alert" at all times. :grin:

161-high_alert.jpg

The young hunters were quiet and stealthy throughout the vigil... ;)

161-stealth.jpg

The only thing that there was more of than the mosquitoes, was the snacks they devoured. :grin: Here, Mark impersonates a tired duck.

161-snack_time.jpg

After a couple of hours of no deer sightings, the boys insisted that we be "in position" by 2:30P, so it was a long sit, it was time to call out the good luck charms. Here Bryston rubs his underwear on his cheek to summon the deer gods. :grin: (Yes, it was a clean pair, why he had them in his hunting back pack though is a valid question though! :D)

161-good_luck.jpg

Sure enough, a few hungry deer came out for some grub and one of them was unlucky enough to get too close to for its' own good. Deer down! :way: (Pardon the "yawn", that was the aftermath of a finishing head shot. :eek:)

161-success.jpg

The successful hunters were quite proud of themselves, ahh good times, good times...

161-time_for_dinner.jpg

I really think the youth season is a GREAT thing instituted by the DNR, taking a nice doe was a bonus, but the times and memories were worth far more.

great pictures you'll have the memories forever although we all know you dont need pictures. moments like these never leave our heads! but im glad you shared them with us! tell the boys congrats.

Top Bottom