Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The IOWA GRANDSLAM

D

deerman

I'm doing something this year that I'm calling The Iowa Grand slam.It is a totle of 4 deer tags.2 bonus doe tags,1 muzzleloader tag.and 1 any sex tag,which hopefully will be put on a respectful buck.So far all are filled but the anysex bow tag.I love it that a guy can do something like this now without traveling all over the contenent.Thats why I'm calling it a grandslam and really don't have to leave the county.I've had so much fun getting the does too.Its already a year to remember.Just thought I would share the idea with you guys.After all,Iowa is a very special place to hunt deer,all deer.

Im trying for a slam myself. Three in IOWA and one in Minnesota. Rifle buck in minnesota, Bow buck, muzzloader buck, and shotgun buck in Iowa. The hardest will be the rifle. Although it looks like it will be a good year up their. The cabin has already seen 10 inches of snow.
Good luck

vman, how can you get a muzzleloader buck and a shotgun buck? I thought you could only get one paid firearm any sex tag. (maybe you have a landowner tag) just curious..

i was able to do that last year 2 does and 1 buck in archery season and 1 buck in shotgun season its a great feeling good luck isnt great to be from the hawkeye state!!!

Yea!! wish i would have done it last year.My only problem this year is the last tag needs to be a respectful buck.Had a smally under me at 5:00 pm,I was temped because he had 2 on one side and 5 in a cluster on the other.He had some charicter but just a little too small.

Yeah doe tags are a great thing, between my brother and i we took out 9 deer last year, 4 with bow, and 5 with muzzel loader, 1 was land owner. The land owner and one of the late sesson anysex tags got filled with does but on the last weekend of the season u might as well bag some more meet for the freezer. Good luck to all!!

Hey Vman,

Don't mean to change the subject but can you send me an e-mail. Have a question about your digital camera that you made.

Thanks

We are very fortuante to be able to enjoy so many opportunities in the woods here in Iowa.
wink.gif

Top Bottom