Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The "Offical" Cubs post season thread

Man I can't believe the umpire gave the Cub pitchers 12" on either side of the plate.

God, much like the umpire's union, wants the Cubs to win. With those two entities interceding on behalf of the Cubs all Arietta is going to need to do is make an arm motion, don't hit the mascot and it will be called a strike.

How do I know this? Sister Mary Josephus has been praying extra hard lately and I been sending ice cream sammiches to the umpires locker rooms.

God, much like the umpire's union, wants the Cubs to win. With those two entities interceding on behalf of the Cubs all Arietta is going to need to do is make an arm motion, don't hit the mascot and it will be called a strike.

How do I know this? Sister Mary Josephus has been praying extra hard lately and I been sendinsg ice cream sammiches to the umpires locker rooms.

True story. I'm still thinking I'll take my goat to Wrigley tomorrow.

Hubris. I thought the Cubs front office screwed up by giving out the "W" towels before tonight's game, but the players over came the front office.

It was, for Cubs fans, another great game. I am sadden by the injury to Russell but also the loss of Molina. The Cards will miss Molina more than the Cubs will miss Russell.

I'd like to find out who is in charge of setting the start times for games and smack 'em up side the head. I'm all for day baseball as long as I have the day off. I guess I'll just turn my pager off, find an empty room and watch the Cubs while I'm at work. I snuck out early today and will prolly hear about it tomorrow.

Hubris. I thought the Cubs front office screwed up by giving out the "W" towels before tonight's game, but the players over came the front office.

We can only wave those W flags with regularity because of the front office and their decisions :). But I agree on start times- I have the walk through on my new home tomorrow at 4:00. I'm going to be 1/2 looking at the house and 1/2 on my phone. GO CUBS GO!!!

I was concerned at how early they had to pull Arrietta, I take it more post season jitters being that is not how he has pitched all year. The bullpen came through and held off the Cards. Like posted earlier, if you got it up in the wind it may get out.

I see the Cards will start Lackey, we did not hit very well against him in the first game, hopefully at home it will be a different story.

Go Cubs!

I see the Cards will start Lackey, we did not hit very well against him in the first game, hopefully at home it will be a different story.

Go Cubs!

He's going on short rest so hopefully that will make the difference. I have faith that Hammel will keep us in the game tonight

I hope the wind is howling out again- I have faith our bats can hit it farther than their bats

picture.php

I shot the goat. Good Luck CUBS.

WHO'S NEXT?

Hell hasn't frozen over but the devil is asking for a jacket.

If I got to chose I'd like the Cubs to play the Mets. 46 years is a long time to wait for revenge but how sweet would that be to beat the Mets after owning the Cards.

Unfortunately my plan to turn off the pager and find an empty room fell through. I was trying to listen on the computer but missed most of the good plays. I was walking through the parking lot and the game was on the score board at Duane Banks Field. I got into my truck and got the radio tuned in just as Schwarber hit it out of the park. I got to see it on the big screen as I drove out of the parking lot. That was cool.

I was stuck in class but the classroom had WiFi so ESPN kept me updated and I saw the video of Schwarbers absolute bomb minutes after he hit it. Quite possibly the hottest team in baseball.

I stink. You all know that already but I have reached a new high in olfactory offensiveness. I've been wearing the same clothes and not showering since the Cubs beat the Pirates to keep the good luck flowing. I itch in places normal folks don't even have. I've been going through a pint of Old Spice a day to try and keep the stench hidden. I must confess though that during the day I wear hospital issued scrubs but I keep on the same underwear and socks. The patients kinda wrinkle their nose and my coworkers avoid me. I even noticed cars stay well back of me when I'm on the motorcycle.

To keep my wife from suspecting anything I've been taking clothes out of the dresser and putting them in the hamper so it appears as if I'm wearing clean clothes everyday. I also run the shower for a few minutes and sprinkle some water on my towel.

My only problem is deer hunting. Do I sacrifice my Cubs good luck stench to hunt or do I hunt all stenchy or I don't hunt at all? Man what choices, all of them bad.

My billy goat is in full rut. I could send you some hair off of him. That should be excellent cover up. Wishing your CUBS good luck.

My billy goat is in full rut.

We'll have to make a bet for next year if the Cubs and Cards meet in a playoff. Cards win I'll kiss your goat (goat body part of my choosing) Cubs win, payoff to be determined. I'll take suggestions form the Cubs faithful on what may be as equally disgusting as kissing a goat.

I'll take suggestions form the Cubs faithful on what may be as equally disgusting as kissing a goat

Kissing a fishbonker maybe? Juuuust kiddin...Saw the opening and couldn't resist. :)

Top Bottom