Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The old man dropped a bird this morning

DoneRight

PMA Member
This morning was the first opportunity my dad had to go out. So I got to the house and we headed out about five and got all set up.

picture.php

About 6:00 things fired up pretty quick, when a hen and a gobbler flew down about 125 yds away. He strutted for her for about 45 minutes, and he answered every call I made. This bird was hot!! But he hadn't moved very much. In fact he started to move away from the hen. He was waiting for another hen I was thinking. Well he wasn't waiting for one hen, he was waiting for 8 hens and 2 jakes to catch up with them from across the creek. As soon as they all got together they started to move across the field staight for the decoys. Dad let him get to within 5 ft of the decoys, and then rolled him. Pretty quick and exciting morning. The bird went 21 1/2 lbs, 1" spur and 1 1/4 " spur, and 9 5/16" beard a real good 2-3 yr old bird. But the coolest thing was the wings, I've never seen this before. The dark feather looks and felt like a goose feather.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Very nice! A guy can never spend too much time hunting with his dad ... tell him congrats! :way:

-Longspurs-

6x6 said:
You guys are having a great year so far. Whats up with that "goose" feather?

Yea, we're off to a good one so far. Since I'm good friends with the state NWTF biologist, I took it over to him and dropped it off. He hasn't gotten back with me yet. As soon as I know what he finds out, I'll post something on it.

Top Bottom