Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The perfect deerstand snack?

spitndrum

yella acern
1318709016.jpg

Finally found the perfect stand snack! Yep stripped cracklins. They can be used as a deer attractant because they simulate the sound of a deer munching on an acorn. A very very loud acorn. Those things had enough red pepper on em to kill a hog! (pun intended) anyway what are yalls favorite deer stand snacks? I'm getting tired of honey buns!

I love eating deer jerky from the latest kill but it don't last long,once my jerky is gone I usually got a pbj sandwich.

When I start doing all day sits, I usually mix up some regular m&m's, peanut m&m's, cashews, and raisins and throw them in a big ziploc bag.. I also like to get bags of the fun size snickers when they sell for dirt cheap after halloween... actually drew back and shot one of my biggest bucks with my bow with a snickers bar hanging out of the corner of my mouth!

Hostess cherry pies of course! Pop tarts in a pinch. And dinner is peanut butter (super chunky) & bacon sandwich.

Sent from my DROID3 using IW

now this is MY kind of conversation!!!!

I love PB&Js in the deer woods and for some reason I LOVE corn nuts int he stand... not sure why, but I just love em! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:grin:

I always carry 3 or 4 of those orange cheese crackers with the peanut butter in the middle when I sit all day. Mostly because I forget to take food and have to find something at Casey's after I leave the house!

I will live off of left over halloween candy bars during the all day sits of the rut. High in carbs and fat so you can deal with the cold mornings a little easier. Hmmm.... whoever decided we should hand out candy for trick or treat must have been a die hard rut hunter!

I will live off of left over halloween candy bars during the all day sits of the rut. High in carbs and fat so you can deal with the cold mornings a little easier. Hmmm.... whoever decided we should hand out candy for trick or treat must have been a die hard rut hunter!
Thanks for posting that about the high carbs helping you deal with the cold. Now I won't feel as guilty about eating so many minature snickers on those cold November mornings:way:

Sunflower seeds I eat a bag a day in november
I should by stock in Davids sunflower seed! I go through a lot of bags during my son's high school baseball season and time in the stand. :)

Also like jerky, snickers, trailmix and apples.

Top Bottom