Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The rut

BIGBUCKS

Does anyone know if the rut is still goin on. I think this year has been bad. Is anyone haveng bad luck or is it just me

I think the rut is just now really getting good, I have seen deer chasing all over. I think it was so hot the start of november it delayed the rut a little or slowed it down i should say. I thought they were already locked down then cuz we were not seeing much movement, unless this is "the second rut" already but I dont think so.

I think (hope) it is still going because I haven't been able to close the deal yet either. The good news is that they love to spend quality time in my yard this week while I'm at work, so hopefully that will remain true through to Saturday!

Yes it's still on and it seems that they're in "I could care less about anything but the ladies" mode.
I've been laid up and haven't hunted, but I've been out driving and had bucks running nose down in the road ditch as I drive by and stop, had them run in front of me and even slow down or look up and can see them in the fields chasing HARD.
Best part is, I'm healed up enough to hunt, so I'm back in the saddle tomorrow!

I took last week off and from Tuesday to Friday great chasing lots of good bucks all day then Saturday to Tuesday it just kinda fell off small bucks early and late in the day but nothing during the day. And nothing answered to calls at all during the week.

As I was moving a stand yesterday (At 11 AM) I saw 4 bucks cruising and 1 on a doe. that was between pulling the stand down, and moving it a quarter mile. things are still rocking!

Still going no doubt. I usually see 5 or 6 deer on normal day and saw 25 on Monday. Get in the tree!

Top Bottom