Therma Cell

kstur

PMA Member
I was wondering if anyone has used a therma cell for protection from mosquitoes in early season and how well do they work. I'm taking my daughter hunting in a pop up blind in a couple of weeks and with all of the rain we have had, the mosquitoes are really bad. I was thinking about trying one.

I bought one last fall and used it for the first time saturday when I took my son out for the youth hunt,and it worked great. It does put out an odor,but it was blowing down wind from us. Will be using it again this next weekend.

I have the back deck version and the hand held version. I wish I could say they worked for me but they didn't. I got destroyed by mosquitoes. thumbs down for me. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've killed does while using one but can't remember the wind direction.
</div></div>

Probably due to the fumes the thing was giving off! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've killed does while using one but can't remember the wind direction.
</div></div>

Probably due to the fumes the thing was giving off! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Thats what killed the does or why I don't remember?

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thats what killed the does or why I don't remember?

The 'Bonker </div></div>

My first thought was why you don't remember, but now that I think about it, take your pick. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

After Wednesday, I might be wishing I had one of them Thermacell thingys. I got a gnat in my eye hanging stands a couple of weekends ago and the eye about swelled shut. Thermacells work on gnats?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thermacells work on gnats? </div></div>

They work on everything. Even those little bee like thingys that just sort of hover in space.

The 'Bonker

I've never tried one, but I hear they are good as long as it's not too windy. But then again, I guess when it's really windy, the bugs aren't usually that bad anyway. I would love to have one for turkey hunting.

Back