Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thermacell heated insoles

marshall

PMA Member
Has anyone tried these? How well do they work? Are they comfortable to walk in? I have some stands that i am walking over a mile to get to. Does the battery life last? Thinking about buying some of these, but for the price i want them to work really well and last. Thanks.

I bought some, but have only tried them once so far. I only walked pry 500 yds with them on but didn't notice anything different.

I only wore one pair of athletic socks in my 800 gram cabelas rubber boots. It was about 5 degrees out and my feet were fine for the 2 hours that I sat.

Has anyone tried these? How well do they work? Are they comfortable to walk in? I have some stands that i am walking over a mile to get to. Does the battery life last? Thinking about buying some of these, but for the price i want them to work really well and last. Thanks.

I haven't tried them but I wouldn't think you would have to turn them on until you got to your tree. Your feet should stay plenty warm on the way into the stand especially if you have to walk a mile or more. Or do your feet get cold while you're up and walking also?

No, not worried about my feet getting cold on the walk there, just didn't know if it drastically changed the fit of the boot.

I know a guy who bought a pair, he said he tried on his boots at the store with them to make sure, had to actually buy different boots because of the thickness...but his feet are always cold and always has more than one pair of socks, even walking

I know a guy who bought a pair, he said he tried on his boots at the store with them to make sure, had to actually buy different boots because of the thickness...but his feet are always cold and always has more than one pair of socks, even walking

So how does he like them with regards to keeping his feet warm?

I bought them and returned them. Mine did not warm up at all. Barely could tell holding in your hand. I wore twice and them yanked them out.

Used them this year. Wore smaller socks or took regular insoles out. Walked in .8 miles up 2 ridges Saturday morning of Gun 1. Lasted from 7AM to 1030AM and it was cold.

Bought a pair this year. I really like them. One thing to remember like stated earlier, they are not meant to "HEAT" you up fast. However, they do there job. They only get 100-110 degrees I believe. You need to wear a light pair of socks and if your boots are to tight your circulation will decrease and these will not help. First time wearing with my un-insulated boots they were a little snug. So I took them off and went with one pair of socks inside my arctic shield boot covers in just below freezing temps. 4 hours later still warm! IMO worth the money but prolly not for everyone.

I'm really wanting to get some, but the price is keeping me from doing it just yet. I hope to hear someday that you guys have had them for 5+ years and they still work great. Then I'll grab some. Until then its peel and stick toasty toes.

I have the really bad circulation in my feet and finally bought a pair. I don't know what I would do without them now. You will want to make sure your boots will accommodate the insole so you still have room for your foot to breathe some in the boot. You don't want your foot to snug. Also, use the lightest duty polyester sock possible. Less is better for fabric. I will also use a foot warmer on the top side of my toes with the heated insole below and polyester sock when it is really cold (30 degrees and below). I sat when the temps were at 0 or below with wind chill and never got cold. I've tried everything up to this point and this is the remedy for cold feet for me. If you plan on sitting all day, you better have a back up plan for the afternoon. The insole only lasts on medium heat for 4-5 hours, fully charged. I always take back up foot warmers and hand warmers. Plan for the worst, you never know what can happen...

Worst product ever. Bought for all day sits on Saturday and Sunday of Gun 1. Walked in .75 miles. 400 gr boats and feet went cold an hour into hunt. They also jam your boats full and caused this

image-2248233015.jpg

I bought a pair just over a year ago because I work on turbines and my feet are on cold steel all winter long. When they work they are amazing.....but I've had to send a single insole back twice for replacement and when I pulled them out for the first cold spell of this year I found that my right insole is no longer working. So far they've been good about replacing them, I just get stuck with shipping them back each time. So my take is that they're probably perfect for someone who isn't going to put a lot of wear and tear on them but the guy that's gonna put miles on em should be aware that they don't stand up to a lot of abuse.

If you read the instructions they advise no serious walking with them. I carried them in my pack and slipped them in before I climbed into my stand around 6 am. Ran them on medium heat level by 10am my feet where freezing.

If your only going for a couple to few hours they work great. Worked really well for the time they where working. I saw another set up where a person could buy a larger battery pack to extend the heating times but unfortunately I don't remember the brand.

My opinion is that I wouldn't buy them again unless the price was around $40.

Forgot to bring them today while ice fishing would have helped.

You need extra room in your boots for these.
I read the paper work that they came with. It said they get up to 110 degrees.
I wore them when it was single digits out and couldn't tell a difference.
Tested them out of the boot in my garage. I had them on for over an hour and they were barley warm.
Ended up sending them back and used the $ towards the muck boot arctic extreme.
Should have them this week.

Top Bottom