Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thermacell remote boot warmers

I bought them last year the weekend before Thanksgiving when temps were below zero. Used them 3 to 4 times after that for me the jury is still out if they are worth it. I have seen that they make a even better pair than the one I bought.

I was not impressed......my dad talked them up so I bought some too. Maybe my socks are too thick? boots are too tight? I don't know....I sure wont be wearing them this year

I'm curious as well. What I really want to know is if they are durable enough to last several years. They are pretty pricey if they konk out after just a season or two. Surely someone has input?

I've never really heard anything great about them.. I have pretty good luck taking my boots off once I get to the stand and putting some hot hands in there and then my feet on top. Another thing I want to try this yr is to take a piece of carpet and put on my platform. Supposedly it will keep your boots from absorbing so much cold from the metal on the stand.

I used them last season. They do work but you have to do a couple of things. First, they aren't made for walking on. I have them in my pack and put them on in the stand. Second, I take my current insole out otherwise it makes your feet tight in your boot. Lastly, I found that if your feet are already cold, forget it. Put them on when you are warm and they do keep your feet warm.

I have used mine for a couple of seasons, I remove the original insole, have no problem walking with them, I have tried several socks and the ones that work best for me are the Under Armor hunting sock. I recharge mine after my morning and evening hunts to ensure they are juiced up for the next hunt. Never had any issues with them!

This will be my 3rd year of using them, will never go out when the temp warrants them to be used ever again. In my experience, wear one pair of decent wool socks and good set of rubber boots. I always wear my in, not sure I would want to be removing a boot while in the stand (scent and movement). As soon as I get up in my stand, I turn them on and depending on temp will cover my boots with Artic Shield boot covers. My feet used to always be a problem, but with this system, I have never had my toes come even close to getting cold, no matter what the temp. I do agree that if your feet are already cold, then the Thermacell will NOT catch them back up, it is really just a light trickle of heat that maintains your warmth, but does not make your feet sweat.

How much better do they work compared to the boot blankets?? I wear the muck Arctic pros and my feet still get cold easy...I've heard good things about the boot blankets and run around 50$$

Top Bottom