Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

They Disappear?

Deerguy45

I hunted all weekend in a spot I always see deer and I seen two doe...? I'm confused...Friday night I seen 10 deer including shooter but then Saturday morning they BOOM gone! Wind mess them up that much?...

Hunting one spot all weekend could burn it out along with the fact that it's mid October (October lull) and most likely you had 2 or 3 different winds would probably all factor in.

Sounds like a case of pushing a spot too much. Rarely do I have a stand that I choose to hunt both mornings and evenings. If it happens it's got the be the golden tree and typically those are saved for perfect conditions during prime time.

Sounds pretty typical for this time of year. Should start to pick up in a few weeks or less. Halloween can't come quick enough!!

Next weekend will be better...although the forecasted highs around 70 are making me think I won't be hunting again until just before Halloween.

Last edited:
Hunted area

I have few stands and sat in both. I didn't hunt the same stand all weekend. Guess I miss lead in my post sorry. Yea, they seemed to have disappeared. O'well I'll keep plugging away. I hunt down in Madison county I'll head down that way this weekend. Thanks for all the info guys...Maybe things will change soon with the rut on deck. ..

I have few stands and sat in both. I didn't hunt the same stand all weekend. Guess I miss lead in my post sorry. Yea, they seemed to have disappeared. O'well I'll keep plugging away. I hunt down in Madison county I'll head down that way this weekend. Thanks for all the info guys...Maybe things will change soon with the rut on deck. ..

One of my places is Madison county. All the action has been at a food source(beans) and right before dark

Dont get discouraged, its been happening to all of us. 4 of my 6 shooters ive been getting consistent pics of up untill october 15th have vanished. I do have full confidence that they are still around, the lull is a real damper on movement.

Thanks Zattack10...These guys I have on camera haven't seen one yet.. I worked on stuff all summer hoping this would give me a 1 up on them...But its hunting not shooting so nothings a sure thing. I'll keep working at it. Good luck to you !

The only time I saw deer all weekend was at dusk on sunday, on a food source. Who knows the issue, but it seems the activity has been slowing down each day.

Last night I didn't see a deer until the last 5-10 minutes of shooting light when a decent buck came thrashing trees and making scrapes all around me. It was a fun encounter. Movement should start to pick up next weekend I would think.

Hopefully we all get our chance at a good one!... Thanks guys makes be feel a little better knowing I wasn't the only guy scratching his head...

Top Bottom