Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This Weekend

charbs82

Alright guys, the weekend is upon us and it doesn't seem like the weather is going to be in our favor. Both days look like 80's with lows in the 60's. We plan on going out for sure in the evening, but I am wondering what every one is doing with the warm weather. Just curious. Hopefully it starts to cool off as more crops come out.

Quick hunts in the mornings just to get outside. Evenings, not decided yet because I know the fair weather guys that hunt some of my properties will be out in force.

All my day light trail cam pics are between 7:45am and 10:30am every day. I would just hunt mornings till 11 or so.

Morning seems like the best option. My cousin said not much happening in the evening last weekend and most of the cams are all morning pics.

Unless you can get to the kill in about 30 minutes........ find something else to do!!!! :thrwrck: I'll be riding the Harley this weekend! :D:way:

If I can get out of work at a decent time, I will be in the stand tomorrow evening just to see if anything is out and about.

If I can get out of work at a decent time, I will be in the stand tomorrow evening just to see if anything is out and about.

There are worse ways to spend an evening when it's this nice.

all of our pictures have been before 730-8...especially bucks. Evenings are like 6:45 - 8...and bucks not moving till after 11 in the evenings. We will be out in the AM till 9 or 930....and evenings 5 pm - shooting time.

Both does that I have killed have been like right at 7 pm. Seems like 6:30 has been the magical hour for the evenings to when they are starting to move.

I'm gonna shoot my bow and see how she shoots, first season bow hunting, and first bow to boot, so we'll see how it goes!

I got a dang wedding I cant miss... Who gets married in October? Seriously....

i hunted wed and saw deer from 505 till dark past a nice 8 about 30 min before dark probely had 20 deer come by me coming to a corn field saw deer all day seem to be moving great for me in the evening havnt seen a deer in the morning sitting till 10 in the mornings all my pics are at night the big bucks are between 1 and 3 am starting to get some pics later in the morning now around 5 to 6 want be long they will get caught in the daylight

My brother and I will be heading out this afternoon for a long evening sit/ filming (3-7pm). Although it may not be productive in seeing large deer due to our tropical heatwave, it will sure be nice to get out in the woods and a beautiful day. I have a buck, doe, and turkey tag this season and have high hopes of filling one of them tonight (or taking one of the dozens of coyotes on the farm).

Yeah I don't know what we will see but I have not been out yet so I'm really just itchin to get in a stand and see what happens. I guess I can't shoot one if I'm not there right!

How bout the wife's birthday being October 27 at least a friends wedding is only once I have to deal with it every year:(

I did an all day sit a few years back and blew two opportunities on two different great bucks. Just figured it was karma so I don't hunt her birthday anymore.

Sent from my iPad using IW

Not growing up deer hunting in Iowa, it wad never a priority. Got married 11 years ago this Nov 4 & will be sitting in a tree stand in Iowa being VERY thankful I have a VERY understanding & cool wife.

Top Bottom