Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This will make you sick!

Amazing. Don't know what else to say except I feel for that little boy. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DoubleDropTines</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a tool. That guy will suffer for the rest of his life, knowing what he did. </div></div>

Doubtful, someone that would take his little boy out while under the influence probably doesn't have much of a conscience. Hope he goes to prison and gets some of what he deserves there.

the guy was a total idiot, for shooting at movement. now that it comes out that he was "hunting" under the influence......a new word needs to be made up for that kind of stupidity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the guy was a total idiot, for shooting at movement. now that it comes out that he was "hunting" under the influence......a new word needs to be made up for that kind of stupidity. </div></div>
Not down playing the booze but the one thing that has been ingrained in my head and I'm passing on to my boys is to never shoot at movement. I'm sure he wishes he could do that day over.

As my wife and I think about having kids and how we might raise them and love them, it makes my stomach hurt like crazy when I read this. I'm not going to sit here and play judge (although I had the temptation), but the bottom line is that this was/is a sad day for the boy, the father/family/friends, and the hunting community.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I was in that guy's shoes, they'd found me laying next to the kid </div></div>

It certainly would be tough to find healing in this situation...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gladiator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As my wife and I think about having kids and how we might raise them and love them, it makes my stomach hurt like crazy when I read this. I'm not going to sit here and play judge (although I had the temptation), but the bottom line is that this was/is a sad day for the boy, the father/family/friends, and the hunting community.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I was in that guy's shoes, they'd found me laying next to the kid </div></div>

It certainly would be tough to find healing in this situation...</div></div>

Very well said. A sad day indeed.

Anything they do to the guy won't bring back his little boy! The guys is definitely a bonehead but I think he is living his own private hell and feeling things that none of us can imagine. It makes me ill to even think about it. Prayers go out to all involved!

Sick is right. This story has stuck with me since I first heard about it. I'm more than willing to play judge on this one...shooting at movement is one thing. From any sane hunter's perspective, that's a sin in and of itself. Add the booze and one would think that's about as bad as it could get. Throw a child in the mix and he crossed more lines than a Tic-Tac-Toe convention. When you look up the word dumbass in the dictionary, this guy's picture is front and center!

Top Bottom