Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thompson Center Encore . . . $$

CamoMan

My neighbor is wanting to upgrade from his old sidelock muzzleloader, and is thinking about getting an Encore. He was able to borrow one for a couple days this year, and really loved it. We live just west of Des Moines, and we were wondering where the best place is to get one in this area. A Cabelas trip is not out of the question if their price is good. What is a fair price for an Encore? I don't even know what the different options are with this gun. He wants a .50 caliber. Thanks !

Central Iowa Archery and Sporting on north east 14th street in Des Moines, just north of the interstate. 266-3912

2nd vote for CIA. 266-3912. Easy to deal with.
grin.gif
Ask for Mike.

Price should be around $500 give or take 10%. I bought mine a few years ago (1999) for about $450 and I am sure they have gone up. I like the ability to change barrels in a few seconds to go from a muzzleloader over to a coyote gun, elk gun, deer rifle or slug gun, turkey gun, pistol.........you get the point. I am not going to say it is better than the Knights or CVAs as a ML but it is much more versatile.

Thanks for the input and website info. I had him stop in at Central Iowa Archery, and he seemed pretty pleased with what they had. I have bought bows there, and knew they sold Knight rifles, but didn't know they also had Thompson Center guns.

Top Bottom