Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tired Of Broken Trail Cams.....

I received my HC500 from trailcam pro last night and got it hung on a tree with the security box lagged to the tree, python lock wrapped, and shrouded hardened padlock on the security box... hopefully it is there when I check it in a week or two :)

I am in that situation right now with crappyback. I had 2 Excite cameras about 2 years old stop taking pictures this year. I have had them in before. Customer service went through on line fixs and nothing worked.

The Excite cameras had password protection and really took great pictures at night and day time.

There offer was to replace each with a capture at 75.00 each, plus 12.00 shipping. No comparison between these cameras! I am going to take the deal and then sell both new cameras and buy another reconyx.

I have 2 Captures. I bought one a year ago, and have not had any problems yet. The 2nd One was a replacement for another older Excite that went down. Easy to setup is the only thing I like about it. Still not sold on picture quality, the excite took better pictures in my opinion.

I have 2 Scoutguards and they have held up pretty good over two years. The night time video is better then the daytime video. The deer really shy away from the IR when on video mode even at 15 sec times.

Tried a Primos 46 Worse camera I ever had. They replaced it and sold it on e-bay as soon as I got it.

I have heard good things about the Moutrie M-80 and had good reviews on Trailcam pro except the moving night pictures could be blurry.

I purchased a Reconyx 600 last year, even though I hated spending that kind of money. I heard great reviews form others, and Trailcam pro says it has no flaws other then the cost.

It is amazing camera.. I could not beleive checking 1st card pull and seeing over 2400 pictures on there. There slogan "See what you have been missing" is so true. I admit not every picture was clear. But, you get so many of the deer that come by you will always find many good ones in there.

I could see the rut kicking in. Captureing a doe running across the camera and then a buck right behind her. It is almost like watching a video.

Battery life over 1 year using Lithium batterys. If you look around you can get some deals through Amazon buying these batterys in bulk. Recently purchased a 36 pk for 59.04 shipped About 19.68 a set A lot cheaper then regular batteries and you don't have to worry about them going dead.

out of all the cameras i have tryed i have found out that cuddlebacks are the best they take great pics never had a problem with them the batterys last 4-5 weeks taken 400-500 pics a week on a 30 sec delay. its your money but this is my feed back

On a budget I'd go with Truth Cam 35's all day, I've got 4 and love them. I am tired of the hassle with cuddebacks, they do take amazing pics tho. I'd love to get a reconyx at some point tho

On a budget I'd go with Truth Cam 35's all day, I've got 4 and love them. I am tired of the hassle with cuddebacks, they do take amazing pics tho. I'd love to get a reconyx at some point tho

I agree with Iowathumper, save and get Reconyx! I had Cuddes and had problems. Wrote a grant and got Reconyx and cant beat them! bought another today, unbeatable customer service and can't beat pic quality. Batteries and cameras last forever!

It is amazing camera.. I could not beleive checking 1st card pull and seeing over 2400 pictures on there. There slogan "See what you have been missing" is so true. I admit not every picture was clear. But, you get so many of the deer that come by you will always find many good ones in there.

Agree with that... I set it out one night last week after I got it and checked it the next day just to make sure everything was working good (headed out for family vacation the next day)... I had it set to aggressive on a mineral site... 1900 pictures in 1 24hr period!! I swapped cards and set it to conservative mode so the 4gb card wouldn't be full before I get back from vacation next weekend :)

All I have to figure out now is where the $$ are gonna come from for my next one :) I am hooked.

Well, I figured I would reply with my recent adventures with the cheap camera. Moisture seems to be the culprit and if not caught in time will eat up the cheap ones. I was able to mine dried out and working but after this being the second cam in a few short years I decided to try an experiment. I cleaned the circuit boards with contact cleaner and then re-coated the boards with a very thick film of acrylic lacquer used for this purpose. I am going to abuse this thing purposefully over the next month and see if it holds up. I will report back down the road.

Top Bottom