Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

To cold to hunt

Woodtick

At what point is it to cold to hunt? I am trying to convince myself to go out this morning however the cold and the loud, crunchy snow is making me think otherwi se. What would you do?

Cold+snow+pre-rut/rut activity=ideal hunting conditions. Get out there and hunt - you can kill one sleeping in.

....Wasn't there a thread not too long ago, about how everyone dreaming about snow being on the ground for rut? Now it's actually happened and people don't want to hunt. They didn't want to hunt last year because it was 70/80 degrees....We are a fickle bunch! :)

1. Stop at the first gas station you come to.

2. Walk in, stand at the door.

3. Spread your legs.

4. Have the first old woman kick you square in the sack for even considering not going.

5. Now that your nuts are in your stomach, go sit in the stand, and hang a big bucks pair on the closest fence post;)

(Its what I'd tell my buddies to do.. all in fun:) lol )

:moon:

Last night should have been good. Had 40ac standing corn next to me an nothin. Blowin and snowing to hard I guess they did not move.

you are crazy if you aren't out today- cold snap like this they are moving like crazy. Just between Des Moines and the winterset exit I couldn't 10 Bucks with their head cut off- sad to see. but they are moving after them hot does!!!

There movin!

picture.php

Man you are asking if it's too cold? I can't wait til December. I love bow hunting out in the cold as long as the wind isn't blowing too hard. I wish I could go out today but I have had classes from 8-6 today

Just got out of the stand to eat some lunch. Bucks are on there feet today. Best morning I have had all year!

I had plans to go out this afternoon, but I got a job interview at 2:45.. Was going to go out this morning, but not going to bed till 2:30am ruined those plans.. darn girls anyhow..haha

On the way to class this morning, I saw a nice heavy wide 10pt that was hit along the interstate. The DOT was lifting him into the back of an orange truck.. Prolly 150-160"..

Last edited:
Never too cold...... in my blind with the heater on! LOL!

Anyway I saw several bucks working does last night. They are definitely on the move in our area.

GET OUT THERE!

Top Bottom