Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

To cold to hunt

Woodtick

At what point is it to cold to hunt? I am trying to convince myself to go out this morning however the cold and the loud, crunchy snow is making me think otherwi se. What would you do?

Two separate posts...you just really be dreading the cold! Haha

Get out there and hunt, the deer will be on their feet. I hunted in SW WI in snow and cold yesterday...saw 25 deer, 13 bucks. It's 14 degrees where I am at right now with single digit windchill and yes, I can't wait to get out there!

No better than right now. Seriously. If your cold and its not fun that one thing but unfortunately the deer will be moving ;)

I would go. I was unable to get out today, which probably was a big mistake.

I can understand about the worry of making to much noise. I have dragged a decoy out ,almost every time out, this year. I have made an insane amount of noise (not on purpose) and still have seen deer. I can reassure you that it won't be that to big of a deal. The key is getting to your hunting spot early. Try to be on stand an hour or two before it gets light. After you get on stand.. Do alittle grunting or bleating to give the illusion that you were just another deer passing through.

While letting the dog out this morning, I thought...awesome morning. Wish I could be out today, although I'm sure it would have been a chilly sit this morning. But as said, deer should have been on their feet, and can't get one if you're inside. And the comment about the heater body suit...I gotta get one of those!

Been on vacation southern iowa best day I've had in last week was it cold? Hell yes but the deer were on their feet wanted to stay in stand but have to get back to work tomarrow a.m. kills me high pressure cold day wind died back a bit and vacations over go figure lol appanoose county

I just got home and I was out since a hour before shooting. I would've sat until dark but had some prior commitments tonight. Anyways, its was COLD, but I layered up and dressed just in my skivvy's going in so I didn't sweat. That was a cold walk in. Anyways, deer movement was unbelievable. Could've shot 9 bucks today problem was they were only 1.5-2.5 year old bucks. No shooters which really surprised me. Got a lot of good videos on my cell phone.

I'll take cold over warm anyday. We all wish for weather like we had today so when it actually happens you gotta get in a tree!

Top Bottom