Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

To early for decoy?

miff007

Would you guys try the decoy now or wait another week?

I have had the catch22 scenarios in the past: If the buck is alone he will come to the decoy, if chasing does the does won't come near the decoy therefore the buck does not come near...

Any rules of thumb when to try the decoy..

my rule of thumb is take to the field starting the last weekend of October and it will continue to accompany me up till shotgun season.

also as each situation permits, i dont usually use a decoy in the woods, but field edges, i wont go without!
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

in other words, Ol Scar is going for a ride in the pick up this weekend!!!!!

I would say the time has come! A buddy watched 2 big bucks go at it this week. There getting real frisky!

I'm fairly certain that if I would have had a decoy set out last Friday evening, there would be one more 200" deer in the PMA section!

I ran home at lunch and grabbed mine to take with to ND tomorrow. Freddy has never been out there yet so hopefully he gets beat up!

Meet Scar......

Scar_2_.jpg

Thomas, that arrow sticking in the ground doesn't look very bloody. Was that a shot you wish you had back?

well actually, my old man was hunting and i was filming. he always takes a practice shot, thats what that is.....

but im sure you wont believe me and blame me for missing....
i never miss.....

practice shot...right, that's what I do every now and then too. I like that one! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Top Bottom