Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tomorrow is the day

twn417

Livng4Jesus, lovng2hunt
Tomorrow is it gentlemen. The day I have been waiting for since moving to IA in Jan.

I have been working hard on the private land Ive gotten permission on and on me and my buddies 120acre lease down in South Central IA.

Just want to wish everyone good tomorrow and for the season. I look forward to following of of your alls seasons.

Good luck to you too. Missing my morning class to get out there in the morning to relax before my practical exam.

For the first time in a long time, I will be waiting until Saturday to climb into my stands on my family farms in SW Iowa... just doesnt seem right to wait...

I've hunted Oct 1 every year since 2001.
Work is keeping me away until saturday afternoon.
I don't have anything I want to shoot patterned so 3 of us will attempt to take does off of the same farm saturday afternoon. And then retreat until later in the month. Saturday is looking like it could produce a few slammers throughout the state this year, I'm sure someone will stick a good one tomorrow. Goodluck to everyone this season

I'm gonna stick to shooting honkers in the evenings after work and probably deer hunt 4 sits this weekend with the cold front going through and then wait til late october to deer hunt again. This weekend could be a great one depending on what happens with the crops this week where I'm at.

deer

good luck! but don't get to excited just yet if you have never hunted iowa the second week of november id keep that tag in your pocket unless you see something good

I did some drivin around tonight past a few spots I hunt. Saw a pretty good handful of does out and about and one small buck. I think I may take a vacation day friday and make it my mission for the weekend to get a doe in the freezer. Gettin hungry for some deer jerky, good luck to everyone and stay safe in the tree!

Good luck to all... but I'm waiting for a couple weeks. Then really turn up the heat the last week of Oct. and so on.

My daughter has her last softball tournament this Saturday so it'll be another week before I can make it out. It's gonna be a looooooong week!

Well had my buck at 10 yards this morning, only problem was it was 15 min before shooting hours

Guess you have him patterned! I remember once I walked in in the dark and was met by a nice 11 point and a group of does. Had him broadside at 19 yards, nothing between us and me still on the ground. Had a green cap light on and used my binos to see him, otherwise all I could see was eyes lighting up. They all walked about 160 yards away from me before it got light out, but then he came back to about 70 yards just after daylight. A couple grunts and a snort wheeze sent him running! I called him a "lesser buck" the rest of the day!

Went to the DR. yesterday and they said I have bronchitis. Very disappointing as I won't be able to sit in a stand until I quit coughing.

Good luck to everyone going out. I guess I'm just not in the mood yet. A good cold snap will probably change that though. I won't hit it hard until the last few days of October. Sunday looks like it might be a good day for an afternoon sit.

Top Bottom