Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Too Late for Poison Ivy???????

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
well, this past weekend i set up a stand and stix in a particular tree that had a large vine growing up it.....

i cut some of the limbs extruding from it and thought nothing of it.....

well, later that evening i began itching as tho i came in contact with some type of ivy sort of thing.... i got poison ivy last winter during late muzz?????? but it was very mild. it itched for a day on my forearm, and that was it. up till that point, i had never gotten it. and even this summer, i set up stands with it around and never got it.....

well, three days after my kill, i still itch in half a dozen places.... including a more personal area.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

my question is, is it poison ivy? or something else, and i thought that stuff went dormant like other trees during the fall and winter....

what gives????

I don't think it's ivy ...better go get checked /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I got it bad one year during the second shotgun season. There was about 2 feet of snow on the ground and cold as a witch's you know what. I couldn't believe it wasn't dormant yet. Like you, I too got it in my neather region. Not fun!

You're not alone i got into it to.Its never dormant.i was told you could get it from your cloths that have come in contact with it for a year later if they haven't been washed. Not fun rda

Probably poision ivy... If I look at that $hit I get it...12 months a year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

Thomas,
I'd have to say from "experience" that it is more likely Poison Oak. I have a spell of it myself at the moment. I've been on the "treatment" of Prednisone for a couple of weeks. It was looking better, then when I reduced the dose it seems to have slowed progress to a steady state of nuisance. I'm back on the two a days. A hot shower will tell you where it's at, but it is
torture. Not bad for guys who like the relief of "after torture".

Enlighten me as to what it looks like. I had some mild blistering on my L thumb and first couple fingers last week. Wife is a nurse and guessed poison ivy so I treated with Calamine lotion for close to a week and it's drying up pretty good. Not very bad in my case but I had never had anything like it before and was also thinking it was a weird time of the year to be dealing with it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

The oil that gets on your skin stays active all winter. I have gotten it while cutting fire wood in January. For sure there is more oil in he sap during the summer, but it is still in the plant year round.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BWJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Enlighten me as to what it looks like. </div></div>

The Rash(es) or the vine?

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

and, i just realized, i have it on the corners of my mouth as well.....

which brings me back to when i ate my sammiches in the stand, i didnt take my gloves off to eat.....

this isnt looking good!

tha4 go to the doc and get prednisone steroids. i have been on them 4 2 weeks and cleared all up. toughed it out 4 2 weeks before doc visit and it sucked. should have went day 1

Def PI. I had a VERY bad case in the lae 90's in 2 degree weather while cutting fire wood. Get prednisone tabs at your doc..DON'T WAIT! YOu have to decrease the inflammation and histamine release ASAP. I wouldn't wait and know it eally sucks.
Sorry Thomas.

I've got a case of it right now too. I'm on some cream and Prednisone pills. I get it every year and it is never a mild case. As soon as it shows up I head to the Dr. When I set a stand last week there was a vine in the tree so a buddy that doesn't get it went and cut it down for me. NOT GOOD and DUMB on my part. I now have a presciption for some stuff you drink once a week for three weeks in the month of February and it's suppose to help you immunity to it. (Sounded kind of like the same thing as the flu shot) Man, I hope the stuff works.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baggin_bucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I now have a presciption for some stuff you drink once a week for three weeks in the month of February and it's suppose to help you immunity to it. (Sounded kind of like the same thing as the flu shot) Man, I hope the stuff works. </div></div>

Since when did you need a prescription for good bourbon? And who drinks it only in February?

Seriously, got any more info on this stuff?

The ‘Bonker

Definitely poison ivy...I've got it too, probably from wearing those gloves or getting your stand down...

Thanks for the rash /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jonny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the rash /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

wrong thing to say Jonny....
now the plot thickens.....

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jonny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the rash /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

wrong thing to say Jonny....
now the plot thickens.....

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Boys boys boys. I'm gonna let that one go by.

But first let me say this, THA4 has it where and where? And Johny has it where? Maybe it isn't poison ivy. Perhaps penicillin instead of predisone?

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom