Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trail Cam Life?

mwillis

What is the average life you are getting out of your trail cams? What ones are lasting the longest? I seem to only be able to get 3 to maybe 4 years out my cameras and they start to not work very well. Maybe this is normal life, but I would think that they should last longer. I have mostly used Moultrie cameras. Thanks

I'm right there with you, seems like 3-4 years of hard use and it's time to rotate those camera's out. I guess I kind of expect camera's to go bad with as much abuse as they take. I will say it seems like these days you get what you pay for though. I've been a Bushnell guy running trophy cams the past couple years. Great camera's however there customer service is a joke. Seems like if you can find a company producing good cameras with superb customer service along with a warranty that stands behind their camera, it's worth it in the long run paying extra for it.

My older flash Cuddeback C1000 and C3000's are stick chugging along with no problems. They have to be close to 10 yrs old or more

I'm right there with you, seems like 3-4 years of hard use and it's time to rotate those camera's out. I guess I kind of expect camera's to go bad with as much abuse as they take. I will say it seems like these days you get what you pay for though. I've been a Bushnell guy running trophy cams the past couple years. Great camera's however there customer service is a joke. Seems like if you can find a company producing good cameras with superb customer service along with a warranty that stands behind their camera, it's worth it in the long run paying extra for it.

My Bushnell Trophy Cam is 3 years old. I hope it holds out for along time!

I have been using home brew cameras for ever and have never had one fail except the one the was flooded out. I have six home brews running, newest being 5 years old, oldest 8 or 9 years old. I started buying Bushnels 4 years ago and have not had one fail yet. Add two more bushnels this year.

I had a Bushnell fail last week - drove up with the tractor & loader, wanted to get right up to it- with my luck, bucket was at exact height of camera and got too close.... Cut the camera almost in 2!!!
Think they will warranty that?!?!? :)

I run moultrie also and 2 years ago I got one of the cheaper styles and I'm already havin troubles this year with it. Although I have 3 moultrie D 55's and they have been perfect for me.

I have new cudde that did not last 7 days. Im going to dress up and smash this camera and up it on you tube as a nice gesture to cuddes customer service.

Top Bottom