Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trail Cameras

Live2Hunt99

I have seen a lot of pics from many trail cams over the past weeks, but wanted to get some opinions on what everyone recommends for different brands. There are a lot of sales going on now with the holidays, but didn't want to go too cheep. What do you guys think works the best, especially for night shots over 40 yards.

I don't think night shots over 40 yard are going to happen with anything offered commercially. Most flash ranges are referenced to feet.

Not sure if you have a facebook account but Trail Cam Freaks is a very informative page with some guys who have tried pretty much everything out there. From watching feedback from that page...of the newer model cams from 2013-14...coverts seem to take the cake as far as reliability, quality of pic and price. The new Alluminator from covert was on sale at Amazon for $120. Pretty good cam

I own 1 covert and will own more in the future. The one I have has been a trooper over the last few years. Starting to do some funny things now, but I suppose I would to if I had been filled with an ant nests a couple different times. One of the biggest things that made me go with it is battery life on 4 AA's. It will last longer on those than my moultrie filled with 4 C's.

Covert.. I'm sold after this year

How did it hold up to the cold we had a week ago Nick? I had two different cameras that went to black photos when it got cold last week. I'm gonna pick up a couple new cams for late season/shed season and covert is leading the way.

How did it hold up to the cold we had a week ago Nick? I had two different cameras that went to black photos when it got cold last week. I'm gonna pick up a couple new cams for late season/shed season and covert is leading the way.

I switched from Cuddeback to covert and couldn't be happier. My coverts are getting at least 20,000 pics a set of batteries and they are still at least half juice left. I'm anal so I change them out at half. The cold had absolutely no effect on mine. I have a couple mpe5 and mp6s

Why is that? And what model you having problems with? I love mine. Awesome battery life great pics.

550 & 880i
Have sent them in three times now. Keep sending me new cameras and they won't even turn on. Customer service is junk as well. I have 15 other moultrie cameras and they are great, just the new models suck. But they have done the damage to me already, I'm out. I'm going browning for here on out.

550 & 880i
Have sent them in three times now. Keep sending me new cameras and they won't even turn on. Customer service is junk as well. I have 15 other moultrie cameras and they are great, just the new models suck. But they have done the damage to me already, I'm out. I'm going browning for here on out.

I have m-100s and love mine. Never had a problem i guess :confused:
Cabelas has a 8mp browning on sale friday. Thinking off giving them a try. Any advice?

I'm not really for any camera over any others, except for cuddieback. I've owned several cuddies over the last 10-12 yrs going back to the original experts. Out of the 12-15 cuddles I've had none are still running. Newest was a ambush ir. I bought 5 covert mp6 this last summer and I can say I've been very pleased. Still on original batteries and proly average of 12k pics a piece so far!

All trail cams will eventually fail from my experience. You wouldn't leave your new smartphone or tablet strapped to a tree exposed to the weather, rain, snow, ice, temp changes, bugs, raccoons, squirrels, etc and expect it to work perfectly forever. To me a big difference is in customer service and for us the best there is Covert and is why I sell way more Covert than anything.

There are cheaper "throw-away" cameras out there which may work well for a while but if you have any issues at all you will be money ahead just tossing it and buying another because the step-ladder of voice mail and the hoops they make you jump through to attempt a return is about impossible, if they will even help you at all. With Covert, I talk with a real American, explain the issue and sent it back in, within a few days they send me a brand new camera, not a refurbished unit - quick and easy

I have been happy with Moultrie in the past but I bought 2 - 500s this year and am not impressed . The night pictures are pretty bad and the day pictures aren't great either. I'm not sure why they changed a good thing but I will look elsewhere next time. Here are some examples of what the pictures from my new cams look like.
picture.php

Top Bottom