trail cams on public land

H

half rack

I'm thinking about putting some trail cams up on public land. Has anyone had any cams come up stolen on public land.

I have run a cam on public land the last two years and have not had a problem yet. I try to put it in a remote spot, and I use an IR camera so the flash won't give away the location.

I had mine out on public land for 3 days, got too scared and pulled it. I want to put one out again but have trouble sleeping at night thinking about if its going to be there when I come back.

I have had one out on public ground for the last 2 seasons and have not had any problems. I check it regularly and just hope that only honest hard working hunters would be out early before the season and wont snatch it.

i use two trail cams on public land that i bought on clearence.... they are very cheap but they get the job done and i only paid 40 a piece for them so if they get stolen im not out 300

Im sure large tracts of public timber are a lot easier for me to hide a cam in then some of the public chunks in IA, but I have put a number of them out, have NEVER put them in a spot where someone can ride up and see it. I always place them off the beaten path.

Dean

i got some pictures of squirrel hunters over a mile from any road. If your out there thanks for leaving it, and there was no big buck pcs on it either.
confused.gif

public land can be pretty remote, so put them where you think most wont go....
i lost two on private land...
confused.gif

so i know they do get stolen, but i know spots on public land that nobody knows.....id feel safe leaving them out there......however, i wouldnt leave them unattended for more than a few days

Make sure you lock them up good, then you don't have to worry so much.

I lock mine up on my private land, just in case someone would tresspass on it and see them. I would hope they would be kind enough to leave them alone, but some people just don't respect other peoples property.

THA4 will vouch for that!!!

Back