Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trapping 2023-2024

CurtisWalker

Who’s trapping this year? Figured I’d make a thread where we can all share pictures.

I’ll post up pics when things get started on my end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me...sort of. I set two live traps at my farm and got one nice coon this past weekend. I was also "drafted" to go over to my oldest son's house Friday and take care of a skunk in a live trap. Yes...he sprayed, but it was not a direct hit, thankfully.

I want to set yote traps, but work just wont stop for me... this weather needs to change and change fast otherwise I wont get in the treestand either at this rate....

I was after the coons pretty good this summer. Declared war when we saw a few very large patches of corn destroyed. Think the count was around 150 when we quit right before harvest.

Will set some after bow season. Need to clean out some coon and possums for sure. Would like to catch some coyotes, but I haven't had much luck with them. Hope the beavers are gone, but any fresh chewing and those bastards will be targeted too

I have never trapped but have noticed a huge uptick in raccoons on a bunch of trail cameras this fall. I'm thinking simple dog proofs is my best bet to take some out.

I've never trapped. I'd like to knock back the coons and definitely coyotes on one property I hunt. I see coyotes every time. Sunday night walking out in the dark when they started sounding off in all different directions I swear there was probably two dozen of them. It amazed there's even any deer/turkey/pheasants in the area. I might hop on the youtube and watch some vids on how to set traps for coyotes and give it a try.

I've never trapped. I'd like to knock back the coons and definitely coyotes on one property I hunt. I see coyotes every time. Sunday night walking out in the dark when they started sounding off in all different directions I swear there was probably two dozen of them. It amazed there's even any deer/turkey/pheasants in the area. I might hop on the youtube and watch some vids on how to set traps for coyotes and give it a try.

Don’t get discouraged if you don’t have luck right away. Coyotes are probably the hardest thing to catch.

2 coons, 2 skunks, and a small badger for me on todays check. Pheasants will be thankful for that in the spring.

Side note: yes you can catch skunks in dog proofs
7718c12c69003d5e991ef8195ddcb6c5.jpg

Don’t get discouraged if you don’t have luck right away. Coyotes are probably the hardest thing to catch.

2 coons, 2 skunks, and a small badger for me on todays check. Pheasants will be thankful for that in the spring.

Side note: yes you can catch skunks in dog proofs
7718c12c69003d5e991ef8195ddcb6c5.jpg

I had one skunk this summer. Have you figured out how to dispatch them without spraying? Mine sprayed a little but not awful.

How long can you go between setting the trap to checking it? I'm sure therese a legal requirement.

What's a skunk worth these days? I sold two I trapped and skinned and got $1.50 each back in high school. I should have had hats made.

Top Bottom