Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree Stand Views

WhereAmI

Saw this posted over on Iowasportsman and thought it was a great idea. Just post pictures of your setup, and add a description if you would like!

A4fLkilCAAA68onjpg-large_zpsb17a5404.jpeg

This is my setup. Only have one stand out as of now as I am rather new to bow hunting so may take me awhile to get more.

This is looking to the north along a creek/ditch, have beans straight in front of me, on the other side of the creek is corn. This is the only ditch in a 2x1 mile section so it is a natural funnel. This is on family ground and is the best available option, hoping next year to gain more permission on better ground!

I saw that thread as well and was going to start it here once I had some pictures of my stomping grounds. You beat me to it :). I'll be sure to contribute once I can get some pics.

I saw that thread as well and was going to start it here once I had some pictures of my stomping grounds. You beat me to it :). I'll be sure to contribute once I can get some pics.

Good! I figured this being mostly all about whitetail hunting we could get more people to contribute to it, as it is a great thread!

This is one of my setups down in new Virginia iowa looking over a 1 acre brassica food plot. The stand faces south and there is 20 acres of crp directly behind it is located on a ditch that the deer use as a funnel from one block of timber to another a great rut stand I catch traveling bucks
8A369F4C-F2DE-4A23-B2DE-6646D5C51770-1207-0000022C652F6561_zps7f2b6e73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IW

kellyprymek said:
This is one of my setups down in new Virginia iowa looking over a 1 acre brassica food plot. The stand faces south and there is 20 acres of crp directly behind it is located on a ditch that the deer use as a funnel from one block of timber to another a great rut stand I catch traveling bucks

New virginia Huh? I live just outside of town. Lol

View to the north during my first sit of the year. East of West Union
photobucket-6505-1351026035552.jpg

Here is a look to the South. Nice spot really. I was using it as an observation stand last night hoping to get lucky.
photobucket-1732-1351026446869.jpg

Here is a view from a stand we call the far back stand in pleasant hill look north over a picked bean field it is on some what of a bench between 2 feeding areas where does love to bed and hopefully bucks cruise this weekend. Beans on the south end which are picked about 250 yards of timber between both fields. Right in the middle of a bunch of oak trees that are dropping this year.

kellyprymek said:
Here is a view from a stand we call the far back stand in pleasant hill look north over a picked bean field it is on some what of a bench between 2 feeding areas where does love to bed and hopefully bucks cruise this weekend. Beans on the south end which are picked about 250 yards of timber between both fields. Right in the middle of a bunch of oak trees that are dropping this year.

2B2DDC1F-A512-41FC-A9FE-CB29D902A915-3745-000007FEA0AC85F8.jpg
[/IMG]

beararchery said:
Lol i didnt want to know the street.

That's alright I will share. There enough down there for everyone to shoot three or four 200 inch deer.

The new stand out in runnels faces east beans to the north bedding to the east on top of a bench
943B3FAA-0C33-4206-87A4-A58BD62899F2-887-000001BEA21094D3.jpg

kellyprymek said:
That's alright I will share. There enough down there for everyone to shoot three or four 200 inch deer.

Well hell is be Happy with managing those brutes! :)

Paradise

Facing West. Cut corn to the south, timber in front, 40 acres of cleared horse pasture timber to the north emptying down into a creek bottom that eventually leads to the Des Moines River, and 800+ acres of public timber 1/8 of a mile to the east with an awesome grass bedding area just south of it. It's paradise. I have a blind set up down in the bottom almost straight in front of me. Might try that during the rut.
picture.php

Last edited:
Seeing pictures of stands in the timber really makes me want to get permission on some timber ground. Looks like some fun hunting!

In Iowa can see Wisconsin on right and Minnesota on left. Tri state view...

this app is awesome IW SORRY SECOND PHOTO TURNED...oops im not falling.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121025_144240.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121025_144240.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 162
  • ForumRunner_20121025_144333.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121025_144333.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Top Bottom