Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree Suit/Tree Saddle?

Buzz

Who has tried one of these? If so, what's your opinion? Specifically, how easy was it to shoot accurately out of? I'm considering adding one to my stand arsenal for some hard to get to spots. Thanks for any input.

I've used one, but they aren't too easy for bigger fellas
shocked.gif

I know of some people who swear by them. It looks like the new Lone Wolf stand (assault???) would work well for the foot stand. Shooting accurately really wasn't a problem if I got it set up correctly and comfortably in the first place. There are some advantages to facing the tree all the time.

I didn't use mine very much, and would be willing to part with it for much less than a new one. PM if interested.

jdg83
Thanks for the info. I tried to send you a pm, but the site says "user not accepting private messages." Try to pm me your email address and we'll go from there.
Thanks, Tim (Buzz)

IMO those things look like a joke and I couldn't imagine hanging by my crotch all day in one of those. Not to mention trying to swing around the tree without scraping bark and making noise. I will stick with my Lone Wolf Alpha hangon and my New Millenium hangon and go with comfort and quietness.

I am along the same lines as Hardcorehunter, it seems like no matter what you need a way to get in the tree, so you would still need the sticks, it just seems logical to me to carry the extra 5 pounds and have the whole stand.
shrug[1].gif

I'm going to give it a try. There is another post on here about setting stands in cedar trees. I have one trimmed out on top but it is tough getting up in it packing a stand and bow. I'll admit that I need to do some more work on the tree but I don't want to make it easy for others to sit since it is kind of obvious when you look at the tree from a distance. The way I see it, I could simply climb up with my bow, tie in and hunt either standing on existing branches or bringing the top half of my hand climber if I had to. I tend to stand alot so I don't think it would be that uncomfortable. It shouldn't be any different than a climbing harness for wall climbing or repelling.

Bought one used. Used it twice and killed deer each time. I think it has it's place in a bowhutners arsenal.

Honestly, I love the looks of these and I'd love one. Bottom line is I'm too cheap or too poor one of the two. I think everyone on here would snicker at my stands, all 3 of them.
blush.gif

I think the saddle deal looks good, for here anyways, walk into the forest, find a big old jackpine and climb on up. They're just to pricey for me, any used ones fro sale still?
smirk.gif

Top Bottom