Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Treestands on state ground

It is 7 days before and 7 days after the season. Not 30.

I was just going to type the same thing.

"Tree Stands​
You may not construct a permanent tree stand on
state public hunting areas. You may not drive or in
any other way place any nail, spike, pin, or any other
metal object into a tree on state public hunting areas
to construct a blind or to provide hunting access to a
location above the ground.
Tree stands may be left on a state public hunting
area from 7 days prior to the start of a deer season​
until 7 days after the final day of that season."

People need to start referencing the code and/or DNR's website even if they do get the correct answer on here. Game Warden isn't going to buy well so and so on a forum said I could do this.

I don't know why but I see this a lot on here. I don't know if people just want to feel like they are helping someone by giving just any answer or what.

Everybody is able to go look in the regs and find out the answer to their own question. Just takes a little effort.:way:

No stands left up overnight is what this State needs to do. Public lands are getting used harder than ever and I'm tired of seeing stands up all season with nobody in them.

No stands left up overnight is what this State needs to do. Public lands are getting used harder than ever and I'm tired of seeing stands up all season with nobody in them.

So just bring your own clip on ladders and use the stands. I've seen some on super crazy far in places on state land. If someone wants to just leave it hanging, then use it. That's my opinion anyway.

Thanks for the page ref in the iowa reg guide. Reason i was asking i came across a stand when i was walking threw the woods on state ground come to find out someone was poaching from what i was told. Dnr reasolved the problem

Top Bottom