Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Treestandup ground anchors

turkeyriver

PMA Member
Since I'm using more ladder stands these days I bought a couple of these aids at the deer classic last spring. Those things really work slick, especially if the ground is uneven or a little slanted. Treestandup.com and no, I have no connection to the company. Another thing I do is forget the strap or rope method of supporting ladderstands. After pushing them up to the tree and getting the bottom where I want it, I attach the end of a 2X4 to a ladder step about head height with a pipe clamp and all weather screws. then I screw the other end of the 2X4 directly to the tree. I put one on each side of the tree to the same step. This makes the ladder rigid enough to climb part way up and repeat the process. Now I can climb the rest of the way up to the platform to secure it to the tree and know the ladder can't go anywhere. Makes ladderstands absolutely rigid. I use treated 2X4s so they wont rot out.

I have used the tree stand up before and also had success with it. I like the 2x4 idea and would like to see some pics as well if you get a chance. Thanks for the idea!

Top Bottom