Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trespassing

trespassing fines

As a nonresident land owner I think it is a great idea to post pictures of trespassers and poachers. treat them for what they are ! If you broke into their house they would think you were a criminal.It is really encouraging that it is not just the landowners who are taking interest in this problem.Issues such as this are what bring the real sportsman to the table.
You can pay Iowa $60 and hunt any place you want quite a deal for the trespasser.I guess Iowa must be subleasing my land .But they charge me $500 to hunt land I own.Seems like it is flip flopped, probably just an oversight

Guess there's 2 schools of thoughts here, I'm in the far right side of this- loving that these trespassers are getting nailed with new technology!!! If you don't like the thread, don't open it. It's a legitimate use of a thread to identify people who are involved with criminal activity. I just can't seem to grasp the opposition to this.
If I get someone on trail cam I can't identify, it'll be posted here and will really appreciate any help identifying law breakers (many of which are poaching and stealing from land).
Time for all you land-owners to get your cameras set up in various ways to deal with shed THIEVES who are illegally entering your land and illegally taking items off of your property. Bought time folks got aggressive with this and hopefully it'll send a strong message- land-owners don't have to tolerate illegal activity, theft and trespassing and they will use any legitimate means at their disposal to identify, stop, prosecute and combat it. This is a serious problem across our state in every neighborhood and I applaud those who are not taking it lying down.

*I wonder how many people that have been posted that would NOT have been identified if it wasn't for these threads, these have solved a LOT of these cases- this new tool/technology is the SOLE reason these folks have recently got identified/busted. You don't break the law, you have nothing to worry about, the folks that do, I hope it makes em nervous cause lots of folks are looking to make em famous- rightfully so!

Last edited:
Agree with Sligh1 ...152 percent. Sick of finding tracks all over our properties( 4 wheeler and foot) 4 out of last 5 years. Heavy snow that held late was a good thing last year. First time we actually found no evidence of trespassing and found sheds on south facing slopes and in food plots....cameras, and help from this site are a good thing.

I just want to add that anyone using trail cams to catch these violators should use caution in setting them up. Hide them well, and cable lock them. It is hard this time of year to hide cameras, and our own boot tracks in the snow can lead a tresspasser to our hidden camera. I've lost four camera's in the last five years. All of them cable locked. They don't just need a bolt cutters as you might think. A pistol or rifle will shoot the cable off with enough shots!

Agree with Sligh1 ...152 percent. Sick of finding tracks all over our properties( 4 wheeler and foot) 4 out of last 5 years. Heavy snow that held late was a good thing last year. First time we actually found no evidence of trespassing and found sheds on south facing slopes and in food plots....cameras, and help from this site are a good thing.

I'm going to go 153 percent! :D :D :D Last year was the first year in the last several that we found many sheds too and I suspect it was because of the late snow cover, suppressing the finds by trespassers earlier.

If you don't want to read threads about trespassing, don't open 'em. Maybe I don't want to read your threads either, but I either skip them or read them and I don't gripe about it. This is an open forum, deal with it.

Instead of us starting a new website named "trespassing.com" how about you start a new one called "Iwanttogripeaboutsomething.com" or "IreallydontwanttheretobecamerasinthewoodsbecauseImightgetcaughtmyself andmypicturemayenduponhereandthatwouldbeembarassing.com".

I'm going to go 153 percent! :D :D :D Last year was the first year in the last several that we found many sheds too and I suspect it was because of the late snow cover, suppressing the finds by trespassers earlier.

If you don't want to read threads about trespassing, don't open 'em. Maybe I don't want to read your threads either, but I either skip them or read them and I don't gripe about it. This is an open forum, deal with it.

Instead of us starting a new website named "trespassing.com" how about you start a new one called "Iwanttogripeaboutsomething.com" or "IreallydontwanttheretobecamerasinthewoodsbecauseImightgetcaughtmyself andmypicturemayenduponhereandthatwouldbeembarassing.com".
Nailed it on the head there!!

Funny.....where's your place at Daver? I could use a new spot.....$147 ticket is a lot cheaper than buying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom