Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trophy Birds

nginth

I had read a memo earlier this year to send in trophy bird measurements in a local publication.Does anybody know where to send those stats too? What constitutes a trophy turkey? I just shot a dandy the other day but dont want to pursue it if it would be a waste of time. The bird weighed 25 lbs with a 10.5 inch beard 1 1/8 inch spurs.

Any suggestions?

I thought I read somewhere that the DNR killed the trophy turkey program. Somebody can clarify that for me.

According to formulas used in the past your bird would score 68.5 (Beard length x2)+(weight)+(spur length added together x 10)

21+25+22.5=68.5=very nice turkey!!!

Years ago the trophy score was 65, but in 91 or 92 they upped it because too many birds were qualifying.

Like I said I am not sure if they have it anymore.

...here is an Iowa site where there is a free contest going on... the site is iowaoutdoors.org ...winner gets $100 of H.S. Strut products...from what I have heard there is only one entry so far...give it a go!...

when i was on the iowa board of directors back in the 90's ,we opted to let the N.W.T.F. handle all the trophy's, it also saved us money.....sorry for the inconvenience.......go to the N.W.T.F. . ORG for more info .........j.b.

Top Bottom