Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trouble viewing pics

I use several different trail cams, and for whatever reason I am having problems viewing photos on some of them in my digital camera. My moultrie and wildgame innovations pictures show up no problem in my digital camera and laptop. While my covert and spypoint sd cards read zero pics in my digital cam, and show up fine in my laptop. Recently my laptop took a crap, and I don't plan on replacing it. Any ideas what's going on here? Any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks

Different types of pictures, my Moultrie doesn't work on my camera. My friends Covert works fine on my actual camera. I guess it's just different types of cameras and Different pictures.

I'm spitballing here...but what brand of SD card are you using? We have, and I know others have too, had problems with "off brand" SD cards.

After some head scratching, consultation and experimentation we use SanDisk SD cards exclusively now. I am not saying these are the only ones that will work, just some that we have found that we have not had problems with.

Some digital cameras will format the SD Cards and not allow them to be used or viewed in anyother camera or device, I had this issue before..sent my trail camera in for repair and everything..response was bad SD Card due to formating..changed cards and stopped using a camera to view photos. Went to Wal-mart and bought a card viewer with a usb cord (views 16 different types of digital cards) for $15 problem solved!

Some digital cameras will format the SD Cards and not allow them to be used or viewed in anyother camera or device, I had this issue before..sent my trail camera in for repair and everything..response was bad SD Card due to formating..changed cards and stopped using a camera to view photos. Went to Wal-mart and bought a card viewer with a usb cord (views 16 different types of digital cards) for $15 problem solved!

That would be my guess, too. Get yourself a dedicated thumbdrive viewer similar to the one described above (got myself the $8 SD card only) and you can read them on anything that accepts usb connections.

Last edited:

Yup I've seen this before.

infullstrut said:

Exactly. And like Daver said, cheap SD cards are usually more of a problem than anything. Get a good one!

Top Bottom