Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trying to Understand

P.E.T.A.

Banned
Why do all of you take such enjoyment in murdering God's amazing creatures? You pose with these beautiful animals with more pride than you would in your wedding photos. That is just SICK.....

I don't understand!!!

PETA on IW....We are big time now! Good luck handling this OneCam! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Soooooo . . . do you have any hobbies? Must be a hunter, since you joined Iowa's premier deer hunting site. Maybe you can share some photos. Wedding ones would be a good start if you don't have any others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: P.E.T.A.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do all of you take such enjoyment in murdering God's amazing creatures? You pose with these beautiful animals with more pride than you would in your wedding photos. That is just SICK.....

I don't understand!!! </div></div>

you never will either.

What I don't understand is why people like you waste your time coming to websites like this. You are not going to change anyones mind. But maybe we can change yours. Would you like to go hunting sometime? It is obvious that you are curious about hunting otherwise you wouldn't be here. Right? Why would you voluntaraly come here to look at something you didn't care for?

So how about it? Do you want to go hunt a whitetail. Do you want to find out what being a tree hugger is really about? I'm sure we can help you. We are a helpful bunch.

This person nailed us all!! You have to admit, did you smile harder and with more pride in your wedding photos.....or when you took a knee preparing for a photo with your first booner....Ha!Ha.. This is awsome...

Score:

P.E.T.A....1

I.W....0

Even got CamoMan fired up.....thats hard to do. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

This should be an entertaining thread! PETA is probably gone never to come back though. Otherwise it's Thomas or some other prankster trying to get a good laugh. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

Not so much - when I smile in a hunting photo, it's because I'm at the end of a special event. When I smiled in my wedding pictures, it was because I was on the front side of something great. Same smile - different motivations. Plus, I was extra happy because I didn't have to prop my wife up for the photos.

And by the way - if you are going to bring God into the mix, you probably ought to search the scriptures to learn where animals and people line up on God's list. This one I know pretty well. You need to decide if you are going to go the spiritual route (you'll lose) or the safer, more traditional route, which is emotional (Probably not going to score a lot higher with that one, either)

And be forwarned fellow Iowawhitetailers - this is a 'trap'. They would love to get some hateful, angry, stereotypical replies from us redneck, stupid hunters. Be real careful in how you choose your words. And if you're not smart enough to spell the words right (remember - you're just a hunter), maybe you could look them up first. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iabowhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It is obvious that you are curious about hunting otherwise you wouldn't be here. Right? Why would you voluntaraly come here to look at something you didn't care for?

</div></div>

The reason for my post and for signing up.... Curiousity. Maybe. But intriqued is probably a better word for it. I just don't see how you can get so much pleasure out of the death of an animal.

Hunting and the pride one takes with a successful harvest has been around since the first human walked the earth. Is it really that difficult to understand that that has changed very little over time?

You are lucky you registered on this URL b/c even though everyone here likely thinks your misguided, I anticipate you will be treated with some respect. Any other high traffic spot on the web and you would not be afforded that luxury.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hunting and the pride one takes with a successful harvest has been around since the first human walked the earth. Is it really that difficult to understand that that has changed very little over time?

You are lucky you registered on this URL b/c even though everyone here likely thinks your misguided, I anticipate you will be treated with some respect. Any other high traffic spot on the web and you would not be afforded that luxury. </div></div>

And that is why I approached it that way.

Let's all take the high road and not feed into it.

It's hunting season for cripes sakes, there's other things to worry about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Psalm 145:9</div></div>

Genesis 27:3

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: P.E.T.A.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Psalm 145:9 - The Lord is good to all, Compassionate to every creature. </div></div>

Genesis 9:1-3
1 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

PETA. I will not post again nor do I want to but I wanted to just say a few words. I will let you know that I am the only person in my family that hunts. My father and mother don't, my brothers do not and COULD NOT. They just don't have it in them. However, they have learned to RESPECT this great endeavor as they have chosen to see WHY I do it and how much I truly LOVE the outdoors. Nobody on this site wishes to watch animals suffer, we don't put them in cages and torture them, we don't abuse them or do anything other than cherish the environment and the animals. We are part of it by hunting and I assure you killing is only a small part..but a part my friend.

I absolutely hate to watch anything suffer....ANYTHING. Humans in 3rd world counries, povertry, animals etc. I have looked at my reflection many times and wondered why I hunt and why I love it. It is part of humanity, part of our tradtion, and you can't change that. I do understand why it upsets you but please realize nobody here wishes to be cruel, we UNDERSTAND nature though and I promise you, it is far far more cruel than you think. Have you ever seen a pack of coyotes kill a fawn or an animal laying there have frozen or hungry. It is not Disney.

I studied biology in college and grad school and hold a doctorate. I am not uneducated and listen to all and every opinion. I have pictures in my office of my harvests and have had more young children and adults come in here in Iowa to discuss what it means to me and how they have family that hunt also. When you love something, it is very very hard to explain WHY? If you try to hard, in regards to a woman or sport, it probably is a lie. I think you will find most on here are VERY upset to not quickly harvest an animal and WE ALL use the meat. Have you ever seen how cows are harvested or pigs? Please read A Hunters Heart by Peterson. It changed my life and allowed me to come to terms with my love for hunting AND WILDLIFE. I think you will find your answers there. I respect your view and hopefully many on here will respectfully help you understand ours. We do SO much for nature and I think most would say it would be hard to be whole without it. This you must know. Take care.

Wow! I can't say I saw this post coming. I thought PETA was too busy worrying about getting Ben & Jerry's to start using human breast milk /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif in the ice cream than to worry about a site like this.... Makes me laugh though. Thanks for the chuckle.

Welcome to the site.
If you are truly open minded and willing to learn the "whys" I'm sure there are plenty of members here that would be willing to show you the way.
Pm me if you are ever in my area and I'll show you what hunting and nature are really about.
Also, if you would join the PMA you could read about some of my thoughts from my latest hunt.

fall_bird_1.JPG

The God Said, "Let us make man in our (the Trinity-Father, Son, Holy Ghost)image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea, and the birds of the air, over all livestock, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Genesis 1:26

We are to be good stewards of all resources God has blessed us with, including wildlife. With many on this site, hunting and harvesting wildlife is just that. It's also a great way to spend time with family and friends. Oh, and did I also mention that it is legal, blessed by wildlife authorities?

If you chose to enjoy a salad, go right ahead. Venison...it's what's for dinner.

MO

Top Bottom