Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

TSI Question

Dylbilly

My wife and I are closing on our first piece of rec land the last week in April and I’m itching to get some bedding areas cut in. The property has two no brainer areas that the deer already use as bedding but I want to enhance the area and drop some junk trees to thicken things up and get some more sunlight to the ground. My questions is is it to late in the year to be doing any hinge cutting and dropping trees?

Nope should be good ! Congrats on your new farm!! Just make sure you have a solid plan /design in place before you touch a saw! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I once walked a property with an ISU degreed forester that I felt like really knew his stuff and he said something that day that I abide by..."Do not prune in May or June...or April".

The primary concern is that dropping trees will scrape the bark off of adjacent trees and invite disease and pest, often Oak Wilt, via the open "wound". I try to do my "tree surgery" then in the winter months to avoid this.

Top Bottom