Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey and Coke

ShedHunter1

Not to good of a day for the turkey.
Harrison-20120123-000151.jpg

IMG-20120123-000131.jpg

you know how you blink and flinch when you almost hit a bird? I might have crapped my pants. Kinda surprised it isn't all bloodied up though.

That...is...AWESOME (Tommy Boy reference)!

I know how bad I can flinch when birds get close...wouldn't have been good if that were me!

A guy at work last summer had a owl come crashing through his windshield on the bridge by atalissa on I-80. He said he had no idea how he didnt end up in an accident

I dodge them all them time in my pickup....I'd not like to in a semi-tractortrailer.
I prefer to miss them.

Couple of years ago I was on the interstate and had a group of deer come screaming across it and one went through the windshield of this ladies minivan! Will post it if I can find the pictures.

Great, now the Beverage Bureau is going to be lobbying to have all the turkeys killed.

:D Good one, you gave me my morning chuckle!

Several years ago I saw a small flock of adult toms flying very low across a road at top speed. I was 1/4 mile back from them when they started flying across and had plenty of time to slow up so I didn't hit one of them.

Thankfully no one else hit one of them either, but there was at least one car ahead of me on the road that came kind of close to creaming one and given the high rate of speed that both the vehicle and the turkeys were going it wouldn't have been pretty if they did hit.

That happened to me one time but I had a cop behind me. I hit the Turkey and it flipped back and went through his windshield. Then the SOB gave me a ticket. For flipping him the bird. Hahaha.
Corny joke... but I had to do it

Hailing grain to town in my old grain truck with the windows down several years ago when a Blackbird hit my mirror post, cut it in half and one half came in the window and whacked me on the shoulder. Bloodied me up pretty good but it was all the bird's - I wasn't phyically hurt much more than a bruise but it shook me up so bad I could hardly finish the run.

Wow! That would wake you up! :D When I was younger I was flying down the road in my vette. My Chevette! :grin: I came upon a group of turkey-buzzards feeding on some road-kill. As I got closer they took off flying and one of them circled and came right at my windshield! I'll never forget how loud the sound was as he hit the top of my windshield and roof! The funniest part was when I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw him lying in a heap on the side of the road and his buddies were already landing on him, taking advantage of the "fresh meat" :D:D

Top Bottom