Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey Gun and Bow tags

homerj

Received an e-mail that next year DNR will allow a hunter to get a bow tag, and one gun tag. Bow tag for all seasons like now and the gun tag for one particular season of choice. Anyone hear this or is it old news? This was out of the meeting last night in Cedar Rapids.

Geesh...if that's true, what's Limb going to have to rag about next April
cloud.gif

I agree...that'd be an awesome change
waytogo.gif

NWBuck

BRILLIANT!!! ... It's about time something like this comes along, but as ironwood said, I'll believe it when I see it.
-Longspurs-

It's about time the DNR pulls their heads out of their arses, when are they going to make a change on the age limit of the youth season? I just don't think making my six year old go out during regular season is the safest of choices??????
confused.gif
confused.gif

It is true. I attended the video conference Tuesday night and that was explained. Also, in the fall season, if you own a turkey tag you can now hunt turkeys with a dog. That was changed because many upland bird hunters asked for it.

Twice, a friend and I have been hunting behind his German shorthair and had it go on point in tall grass and had turkeys flush. Talk about a rush! But I don't think #6 field loads would slow them down much!

In some areas, they use dogs to scatter the flock, then they try to use a hen call to have the flock regroup around the hunter.
I had a GSP that pointed a turkey once
grin.gif
Imagine my surprise when I stepped past him to flush the "pheasant"!

Down here you never know if it is quail or turkeys in front of a point. I don't think my old Britt could retrieve one but I know he would try. I personaly kind of like the idea and am glad to here about the spring licenses.

Top Bottom