Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey gun

jamesfry

Im wondering if i should get my gun upgraded i shoot a 12 ga bps ( browning pump shotgun) and a bead sight w/ a xtra choke should i upgrade

indiana bow hunter

Your gun will work fine. I killed a few birds with a BPS a decade ago. Heavy gun but worked. Shoot some hevi shot out that and you will be good to go. I love that stuff for turkeys!!

Bps is a great turkey gun i shot one for about 5 years and my dads killed a huge amount of turkeys with his!!! all we ever shot was a modified choke and 3 1/2 4s

My 12 gauge BPS shoots a better pattern with a the factory full choke, 3" #5 hevi shot than my Benelli SBE II 3 1/2" does. That's why I keep using it. I did add a tru glo sight tho. I have taken birds out to 57 yards with it.:D

No need for another gun. I don't see the application for these dedicated 'turkey guns'. Basically any shotgun shooting a good choke & loads will work just fine. But, if you feel like another gun & have $ to blow...by all means go for it!!

I had a 12ga BPS for turkeys and used it for a few seasons. Then I got pissed after rolling two birds in one day, so I went to scheels and traded it in for a 10ga BPS and have never regretted it. You should never under gun yourself when you hit them with the 10ga they don't move. It also patterns better then any 12ga I have shot. Manly because the 3 1/2 shell was designed for the 10ga and not the 12ga.

I have killed all of my birds (about 20) with an 870 20 guage with an extended full choke and 3 inch 4 shot loads. I have killed out to 50 with it and never have come close to losing a bird. I'd say you have plenty of gun to get the job done, so the rest is up to the operator :grin:.

Top Bottom