Turkey hunt turned Coyote shoot

crietveld

Woke up this morning and decided it was perfect weather for an opening day turkey hunt. Walked into the timber about 6:45, made my way about 200yds in from the road and found a nice spot to sit down. Sat and listened to the timber come alive while it drizzled on the tree canopy above. I caught movement in a little crick about 15yds in front of me and just like that there was a coyote standing there broadside with his head behind a tree. Always the opportunist I leveled the 12 guage and squeezed the trigger, bang flop he was DRT. I figured one shot wouldn't disturb the timber too much so continued to wait for a turkey. About 20 minutes later the squirrels started barking behind me and I was curious what had them riled up. I caught movement to my right about a minute later and glanced over to see another coyote 30yds away in the main crick. He took two loads of 4 shot and was down for the count. I decided turkey hunting was no good and walked back to the truck.

Some guys have all the luck
thumbsup.gif
I love shootin those yotes...congrats

That would be awesome, I have tried to draw back on two coyotes while in the treestand and both times I got busted. Great story. I think I would rather kill to yotes than one turkey.

I shot one deer hunting with the bow. he was chasing a little nubby buck fawn thru my woods. Big mistake. Good job on your double.

Back