Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey & Waterfowl Meeting

blake

Life Member
Proposed Spring Turkey, Waterfowl Rules Topic of June 7 Public Meeting

DES MOINES - The Iowa Department of Natural Resources is hosting a public meeting on June 7 to discuss proposed changes to the waterfowl and spring turkey hunting seasons.

The proposed amendments to the waterfowl rules are annual adjustments to the season dates to comply with federal regulations and to ensure the season is open on weekends.

There is also a proposed change in the north-south duck zone and the north-south goose zone boundaries. The proposed zone would begin at the Iowa-South Dakota border at Interstate 29, then southeast to Woodbury County Road D38, east to Woodbury County Road K45, southeast to State Hwy. 175, then along the current boundary.

The proposed amendments for spring turkey hunting includes lengthening the youth season from three to nine days and change the starting date for the regular turkey season from the Monday closest to April 13, to the Monday closest to April 15. The proposal would allow youth hunters more time to hunt during the youth season and moves the regular season back an average of three days.

Any interested person may make written suggestions or comments on the proposed amendment on or before June 7, 2011. Written comments may be directed to Bureau Chief, Wildlife Bureau, Wallace State Office Building, 502 E. 9th Street, Des Moines, IA 50319-0034; by email at
wildlife@dnr.iowa.gov or by fax at 515-281-6794. Persons who wish to convey their comments orally may call 515-281-5034 or visit the fourth floor of the Wallace State Office Building during regular business hours.

A public meeting will be held at 1 p.m., June 7, 2011, in the second floor auditorium in the Wallace State Office Building. Persons may present their views either orally or in writing. Participants will be asked to give their names and addresses for the record and to confine their remarks to the subject under discussion.

Any persons who intend to attend the public hearing and have special requirements such as those related to hearing or mobility impairments should contact the Department of Natural Resources and request specific accommodations.

This post is for informational purposes only; the content of this post was obtained from the Iowa DNR website.

I never could figure out why they only had 3 days, especially when the 1st day was a friday[school day].Mine was home "sick" that day. Maybe thought it was not safe to let them use it the whole season like the youth deer tag?

I never could figure out why they only had 3 days, especially when the 1st day was a friday[school day].Mine was home "sick" that day. Maybe thought it was not safe to let them use it the whole season like the youth deer tag?

Heck I would think turkey season is a safer situation than say not filling a deer tag and out and about with big groups slinging slugs around....

It should be like nebraska. $6.00 tags regardless if your resident or non resident and good the entire season.

Top Bottom