Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Uffda!

Bucksnbears

Today, I surpassed the 1600.00$ mark getting my cabin blown out.
Every deer within 4 miles in every direction is wintering in this small area because it was planted in sugar beets.
Snow is deep and rock hard. So sad to watch them try to dig through it. Coyotes are having a ball.

Was _16 this morning (crazy).
10 day forecast doesn't even have one 40*day in it.
Brutall for our deer as there is basically NO browse and survive winters in ag fields.

Attachments

• 20230326_184918.jpg
    20230326_184918.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 20230326_165933.jpg
    20230326_165933.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 20230326_155915.jpg
    20230326_155915.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 82
Wait- u saying u spent $1600 on snow removal?!??
Oh man!!! It’s spring here!!!
I lived on Lake Michigan & “lake effect snow” had banks over stop signs. No one in iowa believes me. I don’t miss that- I’ll be honest!!!

Do deer “yard up” around u? That’s only way they survive in UP of MI.

Skip, yep. I have zero reason to come to my hunting cabin in the winter other then "I just want too".
Getting real speedy this year!

The Red River Valley between Mn/Nd has almost no browse.
Deer will migrate for miles to winter near/in a sugar beet field as long as it in near thermal cover which around here, is a riverbottom.
If it went for sugarbeets, our deer herd would be devastated. Not kidding.

Will they be able to get crops in ? Has to be a concern up there . The long range forecast is not very good !

At least it's not like California. Hope your deer herd don't suffer too much. I've always been amazed at what they can endure.

50 feet
California is really experiencing winter this year. The state has received over 50 feet of snow this winter season, and it’s not done snowing yet, according to USA Today.

At least it's not like California. Hope your deer herd don't suffer too much. I've always been amazed at what they can endure.

50 feet
California is really experiencing winter this year. The state has received over 50 feet of snow this winter season, and it’s not done snowing yet, according to USA Today.
I had so many things I wanted to respond to about “the wonderful aspects of California”!!!! Laundry list but I’m going to behave vs slandering a WHOLE STATE! ;)

50 feet
I have a friend who retired a year or so ago and moved to Utah and there is so much snow there this year that elk, deer, you name it wildlife are basically living in his front yard, literally absolutely next to the house where there is a little less snow and they can paw down under the overhangs and get to something to eat. It's crazy!

I have a friend who retired a year or so ago and moved to Utah and there is so much snow there this year that elk, deer, you name it wildlife are basically living in his front yard, literally absolutely next to the house where there is a little less snow and they can paw down under the overhangs and get to something to eat. It's crazy!

Same here Daver. Deer have no where to go.
Seen a fawn today curled up in a snowdrift right off a highway. Wouldn't even lift his head when I stopped to view it.
And now, starting tomorrow morning and lasting about 48 hours, predicting around 15" of snow and winds up to 55mph.
So sad watching mother nature when she's pissed.

The die-offs happening/expected in the Rockies this year is extremely saddening. Some are saying it will affect big game tags for the next decade. Point creep is expected to go through the roof. Sad situation from every angle.

Flooding terrible now. Got another 6" last night.
My backyard today,

Deer don't have many places to go other then open wet fields.
riverbottoms /cover is underwater.

Attachments

• 16821060449268767924498458863960.jpg
    16821060449268767924498458863960.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom