Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ultra Rest

avidhunter

Wondering if anyone has used the Ultra-Rest ? If so, what is your opinion of how it stacks up in the drop away rest department? Looks like it combines the advantages of both the whisker biscuit (arrow held securely in place) and drop away rests?

My buddy put one on his Bowtech Mighty Might. Only thing I have notice that on his Mighty Might he is getting fletching marks which might be from the rest bouncing back up. Dont know, will let you know when we get back from Crackers shop. He is the one who put it on. On my new Bowtech Allegiance I put the new Ultra Rest LD on it which was recommened by Mr. Crackers because of the speed which it locks down after arrow is fired and cant "bounce" back up. I shot his bow and loved it. You can use it as a drop away so when you pull back it pops up or you can "cock" it and it stays up while you pull back, I preferred this method. Price for the regular was $95 and the LD was right around $100, so for the extra money I would go with the LD.

Avid, I just recently switched from a TT Shakey to one of these and although the TT was a superb rest the QAD ultra has several extra features that I like over the it. Like Bwhntr said the one advantage I love is the ability to put it in the up position "Cocked" to totally cradle your arrow with out the arrow being able to fall off or out of the rest before you even draw your bow. It is also very quiet. I have absolutley zero fletching contact on mine and have shot hundreds of arrows out of it since it's been installed. Crackers also was the one the one that reccommended this rest to me and set it up when I had it Crackerized. IMO is was well worth the money. Just my 2 cents worth.
smirk.gif

Thanks for the info! That Ultra Rest LD looks like the way to go... I'm tired of the torn up vanes you always end up with using a Whisker Biscuit
crazy.gif

waytogo.gif

With your wisker biscuit are you shooting blazers? My buddy had a huge problem with the biscuit ripping off his blazers.

Jethro, did you get the LD model or the regular?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm tired of the torn up vanes you always end up with using a Whisker Biscuit

[/ QUOTE ]

I have that problem solved.
smirk.gif

Bwhntr4life, I got the LD model. Glad I spent the extra money and got the better of the two. I love it.

It is not the only full containment drop away, as stated at the top of their webpage. APA has the ultimate safari twister. I have seen it mentioned on here afew times but not much. I shoot one and have no problems at all. The quality seems to be equal, and the side load version is about $20 cheaper($70). Just throwing it out there.

Well update about my buddys Ultra Rest, he came to have a couple of his knocks cocked a little either way when shooting cock vane up, adjusted and seems to be fine at this time. Man the LD is a sweet rest, but you would hope so for a $100 rest.

Top Bottom