Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Unbelievable

H

Harvesttime

This a.m. at 8:22 I rattled and watched a very large buck approach my tree. At 10yds broadside I hit the release but it hung up for an instant causing a gut shot. The buck only ran 40 yds and I watched him for 20 minutes before he walked off. At 12:30 we went back to trail him. There was no blood after 30 yds but he was following a well used trail so I just followed the trail. Four valleys later I saw a large bodied deer on a ridge so I slipped up to within 50 yds and began vido taping. It was my buck and he is HUGE. Much larger than I thought. Easily bigger than my other two 160's. A 12pt with at least 20" inside. Anyway I taped him for 5 minutes before he walked over the hill. I am sure he saw me but did not run. His breathing was very short and fast. He did not go to water but went away from water. Decided to let him lie all night cause I must find him. Won't sleep any tonight and will be out in a.m. to recover him. Will post pics. of this great animal tomorrow, hope,hope,hope. Anyone ever heard of a gut shot not expiring?

Good luck tomarrow.I lost a huge deer last week.I hit him to far forward and lost him.I am still planning on looking for the deer but the meat will be no good.I really hope you find him,keep us posted!

Praise the Lord, I found him at 11a.m. today. He was about 1 and one/half miles from where I saw and filmed him yesterday. He was in a creek, I guess they do go to water. Think he had only been down for a few hours. I posted his picture a few minutes ago so it should be in the photo gallery. Great feeling. Good hunting to all. Tom

Holy shit!!Thats a long ways!!Wish ya could have been with me tracking my buck.You are to be complamented.You deserve your reward.Looking forward to viewing the pic of buck.

KUDOS, WAY TO STICK WITH IT. YOU ARE TRUELY ONE TO BE REEVERED FOR YOUR YEARNING TO FULLFILL THE TASK AT HAND--MANY WOULD HAVE GIVEN UP. YOU DEFINATELY EARNED THIS BUCK AND DESERVE THE RESPECT OF EVERY HUNTER ON THIS SITE---YOUVE OBVIOUSLY EARNED MINE AND IM NOT EASY.... THANK YOU FROM US SPORTSMAN,WHO TRY TO KEEP HUNTING CLEAN AND ETHICAL. M350 OUT

3years ago I hit the deer of a lifetime back in the guts.He just walked away.4hours later we went to track,ther was a blood trail.After 500yrds.He entered a field the had been flooded in the spring,it had very little vegetation,just black dirt and it was hard tracking.So,we backed off til morning.Well the field was full of deer tracks and could not see blood on black dirt.WE curry combed all over.I even went back that afternoon with a dog.No luck.This boy would not lie down,if he had,I do believe we would of found him.HOPE ya have better luck then I.Let us know Oh yea,He was a big ten with 3 stickers 3 inches long.Believe me,I can't get that out of my head.

My picture is posted on the November pics. It is the last one titled 11/18/01 10pt. Thanks Tony.

An animal weel worth the wait!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
cool.gif

Congrats and Good job of persistent tracking.
Beautiful buck, it looks like a very heavy even rack. It is nice to see someone bring that kind home once in a while.

Maybe Weds night will be my turn.
IaCraig

Top Bottom