Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Unexpected catch

pete

I was bass fishing on my dad's pond without much luck decided to throw a worm and bobber on a crappie rod and see if I could catch a mess of blue gills. I casted out the worm and bobber and kept trying to catch bass with my other rod using a powerbait worm. All off a sudden I saw the bobber go down and the crappie rod was heading for the pond. After about a 20 minute fight I landed this 35" grass carp

11-fish.jpg

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
bowhntin1 said:
You put it back? Good for nothing fish IMO... Bank em ;)

Grass eating Carp that was stocked by my dad. They have done wonders on his pond since he stocked them. Made it fishable again.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Yes, sterile. I think they sterilize them as fry, with heat and cold treatments. Worth their weight in gold for weedy lakes and ponds. Unfortunately the Iowa dnr is not stocking them anymore in their lakes, and just gonna use chemicals to control weeds from now on.

Grass carp bait

i have caught a lot of grass carp on plain white bread and vanilla, make a quarter size ball of fresh bread pressing it together then add a couple drops of vanilla we fish on the Missouri river just a few feet off the wing dikes. the grass carp are working the rocks for moss and love the bait, no these are not common carp but they like it too. just hang on with a med drag they will tear it up they also like a trebble hook loaded up with grass they are really spooky when you approach the bank,

Top Bottom