Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

unofficial poll:

nicerack

I thought this would be an interesting topic for this site. Do you guys have a cutoff mark on score/points for what you will shoot? If so what is the mark? 10 points or better? 150 or better? This is not meant to tease anyone just curiousity. I know that some areas are definately different as far as antler size. Maybe this could turn out to be somewhat of a cross-section of the state, or at least the state of people's opinions.

i'm gonna try to hold out for bigger than last year's. not sure how long i will hold out. should take around a 140, or high 130's

Something that makes me grin in satisfaction, though this year I do have one buck I'd like to target.

A 200 incher would work for me, or in the unlikely event that doesnt happen, what Medicsnoke said.
grin.gif

I'm holding out for a higher 130ish buck or bigger. But then again, I did shoot at a dinky 6 pter last year because his whole right side of the rack was growing right down over his right eye. That rack would have looked sweet in a Euro mount on the wall.

I'm just looking for a good mature deer. I have some sheds of a couple I'd like to take but the first nice buck that comes is good enough for me.

my theory is that if I wouldn't spend the money for a shoulder mount, why take him? There are plenty of doe tags for freezer filling.

I have a 131" on the wall and pics of a 140 something in the woods I hunt, I don't know If I'd take him or not, I'll have to wait until I get a good look in person, an obviously mature 150+ will probably always be a shooter.

If I see a buck and question if he is a shooter or not then he probably isn't.

Each buck and each situation seems to be different. Don't think I would like to start out the year stating that I was only going to shoot something 150 or better.

When I see one I want to shoot there is no question when I draw the bow.

Scores are scores and great hunts are great hunts!!!
grin.gif

I'd say around mid 130's or higher. It's more of a question of age and potential. The bad part is the area I hunt receives quite a bit of surrounding property pressure during rifle season and every year several deer I pass on get shot.
frown.gif
Still, I'm more than happy just seeing a mature buck and filling a doe tag...

I don't rreally know about score, he's just got to be bigger than the smallest on my wall, (163" gross 4x4). I enjoy being out there too much and I'd hate to end my season with a buck I couldn't convince my wife to let me hang on the wall.
grin.gif

I honestly dodn't think I'd consider pulling the pin this year until very late on a deer that I thought had less than 175" gross antler.

Top Bottom