Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Unused Antlerless Tag

cdpurcell

I have been trying to research on the Iowa DNR website about any information with unused Antlerless Tags. Earlier in the gun season I thought I read some where that since the antlerless tags were not being filled that the DNR would allow you to use your unused antlerless tag during the January season.

Does anyone know if this is a true statement or do you have to purchase another tag to hunt during the January season.

Haven't heard anything about this however I think this would make a lot of people happy if its true. Contact the DNR and let us know what you find out.

Yeah; maybe the antlerless tags could be used all year until they are filled! Then everybody can go pheasant hunting next year, because they're won't be many deer to hunt.

with the exception of the first wknd of 2nd season shotgun, both seasons had some really nice weather for hunting.. the only year they extended the unfilled antlerless tags was when that huge ice storm hit on opening day of 1st season back in december of 2007.... so i'm thinking they probably wont do that again, especially with deer numbers down and close to "their" harvest goals over most of the state...

Yeah; maybe the antlerless tags could be used all year until they are filled! Then everybody can go pheasant hunting next year, because they're won't be many deer to hunt.

X2, I was literally thinking the same thing. Let get real man, you need to shoot that many deer that your worrying about going "late season with a fricken rifle", give me a break. I'm hoping and praying that after people start to see how much this "doe" hunt BS is really starting to take its tole on the heard they will cut this antlerless tag crap out.

Top Bottom