Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Update: The Great Eight, Score/Age?

jahrens2

Jahrens2
Here is the latest pictures of the eight pointer I've been watching all summer. Just wondering what your guys opinions are on what he will end up scoring and how old you might think he is?
MDGC0259.jpg

MDGC0252.jpg

MDGC0257.jpg

Checked my cameras this last weekend when I was back home and my camera was dead for 10 days so it's not real recent sorry...

Since I found the first side to him, I get first dibs right? He's put on some serious inches since last year.

Mid 150's.
That's an awesome buck....those G2's are SWEET!
Thanks for sharing & good luck with him this fall!

Jesse:

My guess is similar to other replies. Probably in the 50's but I suck at guessing scores most of the time, especially before dropping the fur. :D

Last year his left side measured 59 2/8's and if i remember right his right side was 2inches bigger, his 2's on the side I've got was 12 5/8's and they look alot bigger t his year. With a 16inch spread he was around 136 and some change. Jesse, you should put pictures up of last year to compare, I'm guessing he's going to gross pretty dang close to 160's. Can't wait for Nov 1st to get the call of that big boy on the ground.

I would be happily surprised if he hits 50

Great length to his 2's and 3's but I would say mid to high 140's. Great buck don't get me wrong...I would fling one his way in a heart beat. Just don't know if he's gonna get past 150. Good luck with him! :way:

Booner- I did not see your post on page 2 before I posted. If he was that big last year, maybe he is gonna get closer to 160. I'm not very good at guessing scores! Good luck guys

Yea that is about the best picture you're going to get of him because I didn't get a camera in this piece of property until late in the year because I was concentrating on a different area. But you can see he has grown quite a bit from last year. G2's are 1-2 inches longer, G3's have put on a couple as well. So it should be interesting to see what he'll turn out to be once he's on the ground! :D

score

I would guess him at 140 to 145. His g2 are 12 g3 are 8 brows are 3, beams are short 22. Mass 5,5,4 3.5. that would be almost 63 inches a side if he is 20 inches wide he would be 146. That is a great 8 pointer anywhere the only way you get a 160 8 point is long beams and long brows, and 3s. He doesn't have that my opinion offcoarse. Study him give me some feedback.

Ahrens, you get him hard horned yet? That will really show what your working with this year. I have a hard time comprehending that he only put on 5 inches to each side from last year. Based on what he looked like last year he's got to be as least a 4.5 and in my eyes he blew up from last year.

Wallace-I'd have to agree with you on the mass but everything else I'd say your about an 1inch short on. His 2's are at least 12 and odds are pry closer to 13, his brows are deceiving in the sense that they are short but they have a j-hook to them so they are a little bigger than 3. His beams are pretty close to 22 inches give or take. I think hard horned with give it all away to us but either way buddy I hope you arrow that pig we've got a lot of history with him randomly stumbling across his shed in January hahaha what a day.

In a whitetail book I have at home, they say from a deers inside corner of the eye, to the tip of the nose, is anywhere from 6-8 inches. That deer sure looks like 8 inches. Now if you compare to the tines, I dont see 13" tines. IMO. If those are 13" tines, then the buck I posted on here has longer tines than that, and I sure dont see that. I say the buck may beat the door of 150", but thats about it.

Top Bottom