Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Use of Snow Camo

NebraskaWhitetail

Got a question for all of those have had some experience using snow camoflague. Do you wear it when there's snow on the ground but you are hunting from a treestand? It seems that from a deer's point of view on the ground looking up, you'd want to blend in with the brown tree and not look like a snowball sitting in a tree. Is the snow camo just for use when hunting from the ground?

You'd be suprised at just how well snow camo blends into a cloud covered sky...even without snow on the ground.

I would think that it would look great in a treestand as it is a wide open pattern. Much better than mossy oak blackout IMO. Camos like mossy oak are just too dark and solid. I like predator, asat, or sticks and limbs. I recently bought the newest open pattern to hit the market; enigma.
www.enigmacamo.com
I am a camo junkie.

I wouldn't wear snow camo in a tree if a "bluebird" day was predicted. I think it'd blend in much better on an overcast day. Main thing is stay still, regardless of what you're wearing. That said, certain camo makes me mentally feel more confident. I am a huge fan of predator camo and was finally able to get a good set of it this year.

The snow will stick to the trees as it falls. After a couple of sunny days the south side of trees will melt but the snow will stick to the north side for quite a while longer.As long as the snow hangs in the trees, I love wearing snow camo, blends in much better than the green camo in my opinion.

Top Bottom