Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

useful tool

moosehunter

PMA Member
everyday i went out last year i checked the local weather using weather bug . it uses small weather stations located at mostly schools for weather conditions like temp wind speed and direction. that way i could start thinking about which stand i could hunt out of. kind of a nice little tool.

That is a good tool moosehunter, I have it to on my computer and it works great for checking the weather and wind directions in the morning
smile.gif
I would reccommend it to anyone

I have the weather bug on too, but really prefer Weather Underground. They have a feature "AVN MOS Weather Graph" That gives a weather graph of humidity Barometric Pressure wind speed and direction, and temp. I believe the graph goes out about 48 Hours, and after using it for at least two years, it will give you the wind speed and direction with changes predicted generally within 15 minutes

Guys, this thing has been a "bug" since the day it was released. It is packaged with some mild forms of adware. You'll see more and more popups on your machines with it installed. Not to mention slower boot times because it wants to load itself into memory every time Windows boots. I have outlawed it on my networks at work!

Other than that it's a great thing!!!

bukket. yes it does come with pop ups, but i recommend you use "search and destroy". It may not get rid of the pop ups but it does remove any spyware. Also, unchecking weatherbug from the startup menu takes care of the slow startup. that was annoying though before i did that

might want to give google toolbar a try. It really cuts down on the pop ups that you receive. "search and destroy" as moose puts it is AWESOME. Its also called Spybot. Very good at removing spyware.

"SPYBOT" AND "ADAWARE" IS THE BEST FREEWARE YOU CAN GET AND IS A MUST IF YOU ARE ON THE INTERNET. USE THEM TOGETHER AND THEY ARE GREAT. WHAT ONE MAY MISS THE OTHER WILL FIND.

Moose,

AdAware and Spybot are both fine tools. However, they are only designed to catch registry entries and file types that aren't registered programs on the computer (although both can pick out entries from some of the better known "registered" spyware outfits). With the WeatherBug you're getting a piece of software that requires you to agree to the terms of a cryptic software agreement. The biggest problem with the Bug is that it also installs a little software package "WeatherBug Browser Companion - Powered my MySearch" When you agree to install the bug you also agree to install this popup generating plugin that will not be caught by AdAware or Spybot.
The Google Toolbar is a great solution for popups...but more and more ad designers are finding ways around this toolbar, and it's coutnerpart from MSN. The other problem is that many machines are so far "gone" when a popup blocker is installed that it does absolutely nothing to block the onslaught.
The Weatherbug has actually gotten better in its latest form. It used to come packaged with a lot of stuff from Gator.com as well as some N-Case ad-delivery agents. So long as you feel comfortable running the program and/or being able to clean up your machine once it's installed go for it!
I've just had to fix a lot of computers in the last few months that people believed were protected because they ran AdAware/Spybot on them. This is most definitely not the case!

your getting to techy for me bukket. all i know is i like weatherbug despite having to deal with a few popups. my only point was a nice handy tool to check just before ya leave to hunt. although i will check out weather underground.

Top Bottom