Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

UTV Sprayers

streitl

I'm looking at a FIMCO brand 25 gallon atv sprayer for my polaris ranger. Has anyone used one of these on a UTV? I'm just not sure how well it will mount.

Here is mine Landon. I like the setup and how it works, just wish it was a 50 gal tank.

20130718_132413_zpszoxtzovh.jpg

That's a good looking rig 4Buck, it looks like you have room yet in the front of the bed of that UTV. Why not just add an auxiliary tank/barrel there and then when your sprayer runs dry, do a "field fill" from your auxiliary tank to your sprayer?

That is a great looking rig...did you make the booms or are they factory built and bought? If so how much?

Landon I got a d-loop in each corner of the box. Ratchet goes from that to the support bracket of the boom. Make sure you criss-cross your straps or the sprayer will slide out(lessen learned).

As for the booms...its all from the factory that way http://www.fimcoindustries.com/ATV-25-71.html

Daver- I always fill the sprayer up before I leave home and carry an extra 50+ gal with me. Just have to bucket 5 gal at a time

20140601_155612_zpsmstj2dr4.jpg

My buddys got one similar on a john deer 4wheeler but has the boom less nozzle. Sprayed my corn with it last week. The boomless is ,slick and covers a lot.

I have the 25 gal in the back of my ranger and I bolted on a boomless nozzle mount I got from Great Day Inc.I did see that my local farm store had the boomless in the 8ft and 16ft nozzle.I can do roughly 2 acres a tank

I have a 15gal set up that we use in the back of our UTV. I just made a base out of 2x4's that the tank sits on and straps to. Our UTV has a bed liner in it that has slots for 2x4's so the base slides down into those slots and sits tight, then I run a strap over the tank itself an hook it to the base.

I love that boom setup that 4 buck has, ours is just a 4ft boom that has a spray width of about 6.5 ft or so. We have small plots so it's not too bad but the narrow spray width makes for a lot of laps!

I ended up getting a 25 gallon sprayer with a 150" boom. It was something from sprayer specialties in Grimes. I put it on a pallet and ratchet strapped it into the bed of the ranger. It probably needs something more secure than that for future use, but for spraying a 2 acre bean plot a few weeks ago it did the trick.

I bought the 60 gallon version from Sprayer SPecialties - it's made with features similar to my 1250 gallon I use on the big fields. It has adjustable pressure, recirculation, filtering, etc. Plus it has three different kinds of nozzles to select on the back with fine spray, heavy big drops or a wide 30' pattern you can use. Switches and adjustments are right over my shoulder along with a hand wand for spot spraying. Fits right in the bed of my Ranger. Wish I had bought one of these years ago. Haven't seen anything like it for sale anywhere else.

If you want one for the back of a ranger, check out PK sprayers. 5 GPM rate of flow as opposed to the 2.1 fimco. They have a bunch of different options you can choose from. I would also go boomless if you can. The ten foot booms are nice, but only cover 10 ft. A boomless sprayer that has 1 -3 nozzles will cover up to 30ft at a time. There are a ton of different options out there, but I would recommend boomless with a higher GPM pump. PK has 25, 40, and 60 gallon tanks. Good luck

Last edited:
Top Bottom