Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vehicle Insurance Rates

blake

Life Member
Recently when my wife & I moved to Tama County we contacted or vehicle insurance provider to let them know about or change of address & phone number.

Our agent proceeded to tell me that our vehicle insurance rates would now be less since we resided in Tama County. I asked him why the change?

He told me that there aren’t nearly as many vehicle/deer accidents in Tama County that there is in Page County.

I must say, I have mixed feeling about this news!

Pleased that I am paying less for vehicle insurance, but not real pleased to hear that the deer numbers apparently are not nearly as high as in Page County.

In minnesota that has or did have a big influnace on deer bag limits which was dumb in the west central part of mn we had a 5 deer limit for a few years Now we have very few deer

I am sure the deer may have something to do with this but rates change from county to county due to some pencil pusher behind the desk with an actuarial science degree.....the actual math equations and statistical analysis that goes into today's insurance underwriting would stagger you.

I would think the amount of drivers or traffic would have just as much to do with it as deer numbers.less drivers and more deer could have same accident rates as more drivers less deer.

I know when you move to a bigger city, the rates go up....more traffic. At least that's what a buddy told me after moving from a rural town to city. I'm sure the deer numbers are in the equation somewhere too.

That was not the sole reason for the change. There are multiple factors, such as age, credit score, driving history, demographics that go into the rate. Simply less deer accidents is an inaccurate representation as the sole factor.

Top Bottom