Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

very late but my 2012 bow buck

hoytman1

realhunting1
After barely making it through 4 hours of work i pointed the Ford towards southern IA. Got into the stand on the evening of october 30th not knowing what kind crazy hunt i was about experience. We got in the tree that night overlooking some standing beans. By about 3:30 we had does eating in the beans and young bucks bumping and chasing so we knew we would probably be seeing Floppy make an appearence. This was the only buck i was goin to wrap my tag not being a booner. He had a broken ear and an attitude a country mile wide. With about 45 minutes of light left a good 4 year old 140s eight stepped out accross the field and started working our way. As he closed 50 yards all my attention was on him wondering if this was the buck that i wanted to make famous...well about the time i was about to range him my camera man tapped me and said Floppy!!! dude Floppy right here!! Floppy had entered stange behind us down wind...still not sure how he didnt wind us. Well all hell broke lose in the tree and i didnt get him stopped untill he was 35 yards and quartering away. I let the arrow fly im still sure what happend but i hit him high and back...
picture.php

I was sick i couldnt believe it everything worked to plan the first night of my vaccation the deer i was after standing broadside a shot i had practiced a million times!!..needless to say i had a very sleepless night. i knew i may have gotten lucky and hit that artery in his back after watching the footage a million times the arrow kicked up as it entered him. Well the plan for the next morning was to switch roles and see if my camera man could tag a good one. We climbed back into the same set and waited for the sun to come up. Right was the sony was able to gather good light a doe popped out of the draw and started working her way to the beans. My mind started to wonder when Roger siad "holy shit!!! floppy is behind the doe!!!" and sure enough he was right on her tail coming right to us!! well we switch roles again when the doe walked him in virtually the same spot except 10 yards closer i bleated at him and sent the bloodsport home!!
picture.php

It was all floppy could to make it 80 yards!! We couldnt believe it!! I killed a buck only yards the next morning from where i put a bad hit on him the night before. After laughing and still trying to believe what happend we decided on that morning that no matter how hard you hunt or what kind of ground your on if your not ment to kill a a deer there is nothing you can do kill him but if you ment to kill a certain deer there is nothing you can do scew it up! Thats the good lord looking down on ya when it happens. After an easy tracking job we checked the camera hoping to see if there were anymore good bucks in there the past week and look what pic showed up!
picture.php

Couldnt beleive it! even though im not proud of the shot at all from the night before it just added to the history with this buck, his sheds from the year before just and amazing hunt ill never forget!!
picture.php

Floopy weighed in live weight at an impressive 316 pounds and scored just over 153!! Not the booner i wanted but what a giant non the less!!!!
picture.php

Wow! Aren't you glad you didn't take up the trail the next morning? Crazy how tough they are. Congrats on a great buck and great hunt!:way:

Roger siad "holy shit!!! floppy is behind the doe!!!" and sure enough he was right on her tail coming right to us!! well we switch roles again when the doe walked him in virtually the same spot except 10 yards closer i bleated at him and sent the bloodsport home!!

rs gold|wow gold|Runescape Gold

Great hunt and story! I would have personally taken up the trail the next morning and that means the deer would have never been recovered. You did right by hunting the next morning.

Top Bottom